You do not have to have compassion for someone to be a good nurse

Anonymous 1

Unread post

You can absolutely hate someone and still be a great nurse. Nurses have to care for all kinds of people. I have had to treat people that physically disgusted me but you still treat them the same as any other person. A good nurse is able to provide good care to all people no matter who they are or what their situation is.

This is kind of a spin off of the other post. I don't agree with what that nurse posted on social media but that doesn't mean anyone who hates their patients is a bad nurse.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Right nurses treat inmates.
I shit glitter
Anonymous 2

Unread post

My mother abused us kids but as a nurse people loved her. She had zero real compassion. I always thought that was a cruel irony.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I think you can dislike an individual and still be a good nurse. I'm not sure if you can dislike an entire class of people and not let your prejudice get in the way of your job.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:38 am I think you can dislike an individual and still be a good nurse. I'm not sure if you can dislike an entire class of people and not let your prejudice get in the way of your job.

Since my mother did it, I know its possible.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:38 am I think you can dislike an individual and still be a good nurse. I'm not sure if you can dislike an entire class of people and not let your prejudice get in the way of your job.
I disagree. I dislike all rapists. I can still do my job well. That is just one example.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:40 am
I disagree. I dislike all rapists. I can still do my job well. That is just one example.
Rapists are individuals who are guilty of a horrific crime. If you had prejudice against an entire group of people not based on their actions but based on their abilities, race, religion, sexual orientation, etc., that you would effectively be able to nurse to everyone equally?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:02 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:40 am
Rapists are individuals who are guilty of a horrific crime. If you had prejudice against an entire group of people not based on their actions but based on their abilities, race, religion, sexual orientation, etc., that you would effectively be able to nurse to everyone equally?
I have known nurses who were extremely religious and were prejudice against gay and bisexual individuals. They were still good nurses. One of the nurses who trained me was racist but she had more awards and was ranked the best nurse for a long time. A good nurse treats everyone the very best they can no matter who they are or what the situation is. You treat everyone the same whether you like them or not.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You keep saying a good nurse, great, but not all nurses are good.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think you have to have compassion for human suffering whether you like the person or not.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Locked Previous topicNext topic