Explained: The Next Pandemic

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

There is a Netflix series called "Explained" where each episode explains a different phenomenon. I caught several episodes some time back. I decided to pick it up again tonight. I found an episode called The Next Pandemic. It was released Nov 7, 2019, which means interviews and such would have been filmed before then. It's kind of interesting watching it now and knowing the people on it don't know that the next pandemic is literally right around the corner. Kind of interesting that the episode ends with Bill Gates stating "We are far short of what needs to be done." ( in reference to beating the next pandemic)

Great little 20 minute episode if you are looking for your next thing to watch.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I think I'll watch that. I also read a book recently called Get Well Soon about these types of things through history, and it talked about what the next one could look like, and it was interesting to think about the author's predictions and how much actually came true. Thanks Traci.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I think I'll look that up. Sounds like an interesting show. Thanks!

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:16 am I think I'll watch that. I also read a book recently called Get Well Soon about these types of things through history, and it talked about what the next one could look like, and it was interesting to think about the author's predictions and how much actually came true. Thanks Traci.
Near the beginning of the episode they put out some numbers as to how wide spread the next pandemic could get worldwide in just 6 months time. Then I googled actual Covid numbers right now worldwide and we're not even close to what they said. But it's still interesting. And they also talked some about what happened with H1N1 and I learned some stuff I didn't know before.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You can see Gates' original TED talk at:
Locked Previous topicNext topic