I am PISSED OFF at the school district

Anonymous 1

Unread post

The kids were all ready for their first day of school. We were out waiting for the bus when I got an automated phone call saying that the district cancelled in person school until October 19th.

Why the f**k would they do that on the same day? That is something you need to give notice for. I got a write up at work because I had to call in because I couldn't find anyone to watch my kids with less than an hour's notice.

They even made a post yesterday saying they were glad to see their students today.

My kids were so disappointed and I'm just pissed.
Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Maybe several teachers tested positive for covid. Maybe the cases in your area rose. I’m pretty sure they didn’t cancel for no reason at all. Pretty shocked they waited until the morning of though.
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

That’s ridiculous to do it the day of and not give you any notice.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That's basically what happened to us in March. We were set to have our first day back from Spring break on Mon Mar 16. Sunday at 4pm we got the robocall from the school saying yes school is on. Then about 5pm on Sunday the Governor announced no school for the whole state. Some time later in the evening a second robocall went out verifying no school. So parents had just a few hours Sunday night to make plans for Monday morning.

I get it's super frustrating, but your district might not have had a lot of choice. They are people just like you and me, who probably don't know any more about what's going on than the rest of us. Try to have a little understanding.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Shaken1976 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:00 am Maybe several teachers tested positive for covid. Maybe the cases in your area rose. I’m pretty sure they didn’t cancel for no reason at all. Pretty shocked they waited until the morning of though.
I'm sure it wasn't for no reason but 30 minutes before school is not an okay time to announce that.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:37 am That's basically what happened to us in March. We were set to have our first day back from Spring break on Mon Mar 16. Sunday at 4pm we got the robocall from the school saying yes school is on. Then about 5pm on Sunday the Governor announced no school for the whole state. Some time later in the evening a second robocall went out verifying no school. So parents had just a few hours Sunday night to make plans for Monday morning.

I get it's super frustrating, but your district might not have had a lot of choice. They are people just like you and me, who probably don't know any more about what's going on than the rest of us. Try to have a little understanding.
Announcing it 30 mins before school started was a choice and having some understanding doesn't make that okay.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Yeah, my kids school announced closings at 6 am on the day of the closing twice last winter for weather. I was dumbfounded. (We are new to this area. Back home, we always knew at least the day before.) I really don’t know how people with little kids deal with that. (My kid is 16.) It’s ridiculous.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That's crazy.

Is this a really small town or something?
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:28 am Yeah, my kids school announced closings at 6 am on the day of the closing twice last winter for weather. I was dumbfounded. (We are new to this area. Back home, we always knew at least the day before.) I really don’t know how people with little kids deal with that. (My kid is 16.) It’s ridiculous.
That's common in the central Midwest. It's been that way my entire life. They won't call off unless the roads are really bad. And they don't know that till the morning, because there is always the possibility of it clearing by 6am. And even then sometimes they'll just delay routes for an hour. I remember many mornings sitting in front of the TV watching the scrolling chiron announcing closings praying my school was on the list.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Emandab wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:45 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:28 am Yeah, my kids school announced closings at 6 am on the day of the closing twice last winter for weather. I was dumbfounded. (We are new to this area. Back home, we always knew at least the day before.) I really don’t know how people with little kids deal with that. (My kid is 16.) It’s ridiculous.
That's common in the central Midwest. It's been that way my entire life. They won't call off unless the roads are really bad. And they don't know that till the morning, because there is always the possibility of it clearing by 6am. And even then sometimes they'll just delay routes for an hour. I remember many mornings sitting in front of the TV watching the scrolling chiron announcing closings praying my school was on the list.
LMMFAO
So familiar Em!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic