I don't know when my next day off is

Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:03 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:55 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:39 pm Stop bitching and grow up.

I worked 30 straight days in a Covid ICU and didn't complain. Let me guess you work in some low level job like fast food or retail? Oh you poor thing 🀣🀣🀣
No, I take care of some of the most vulnerable people
I am sure you want an overworked person caring for your love ones.
You take care of more vulnerable people than those who are in the ICU on ventilators dying from Covid?

I wasn't overworked. I came home and rested and went back to work. It isn't hard.
It’s not a pissing contest of who has it the worst.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:08 pm

You take care of more vulnerable people than those who are in the ICU on ventilators dying from Covid?

I wasn't overworked. I came home and rested and went back to work. It isn't hard.
ICU, Is mainly bed ridden, I take care of 80, 90 years olds with dementia , most are unable to walk, shower , some can't even feed themselves, one misstep from me and they can die plus there 20 to 30 people I am doing all by myself. would you want your 90 year old grandmother being taken care of by an overworked caregiver. Ever heard of caregivers fatigue?
I used to work in LTC and it's not even comparable to an ICU. When your people become unstable you can just send them out.

Get yourself a good bedtime routine and you will be fine.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:08 pm

πŸ˜‚ you must be new. It is always a pissing contest.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I never said it was. She is ridiculous for not being able to be an adult and handle her job.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:14 pm

Nah I’ve been around since the old CM days. It’s just annoying how it’s always a contest of omg feel bad for me, I have it worse. Grown women acting like middle schoolers smh πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:14 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:08 pm

ICU, Is mainly bed ridden, I take care of 80, 90 years olds with dementia , most are unable to walk, shower , some can't even feed themselves, one misstep from me and they can die plus there 20 to 30 people I am doing all by myself. would you want your 90 year old grandmother being taken care of by an overworked caregiver. Ever heard of caregivers fatigue?
I used to work in LTC and it's not even comparable to an ICU. When your people become unstable you can just send them out.

Get yourself a good bedtime routine and you will be fine.
I don't work in assisted living. If I did. It wouldn't be an issue and no we can't send them out withour their family approval and due to covid a lot of family wont give their approval. That is why we currently have injured residents right now.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:16 pm

Nah I’ve been around since the old CM days. It’s just annoying how it’s always a contest of omg feel bad for me, I have it worse. Grown women acting like middle schoolers smh πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ
My power AND internet are out at the moment, so I have it the worst πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚. Except that I have a whole house generator...but no internet is pretty annoying!!!!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:15 pm

I never said it was. She is ridiculous for not being able to be an adult and handle her job.
my job was never to not have a 4-8 or to work 15, 25 days straight. I could quit like everyone else
but I'm not because it would totally scew my employer.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:20 pm

My power AND internet are out at the moment, so I have it the worst πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚. Except that I have a whole house generator...but no internet is pretty annoying!!!!
Lol that was us yesterday!! Power went out then came back.. WiFi and tv did not work! Kids were losing their minds lol we got it fixed this morning and all was well again!
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:27 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:20 pm

Lol that was us yesterday!! Power went out then came back.. WiFi and tv did not work! Kids were losing their minds lol we got it fixed this morning and all was well again!
We live at the very end of a cul de sac down a very long driveway. Our neighborhood is just a series of cul de sacs off of a street that basically goes nowhere in a suburban neighborhood with 4 acre zoning and individual wells (so no power means no water since the well pump won’t work). I would say at least 60% of the homes in our area have whole house generators. We have lost power for 10 days before since we are the last to get restored. Less than a mile away are neighborhoods with 1/4 acre zoning and condos, businesses, etc.

Thankfully internet is normally restored much quicker so fingers crossed that it’s back in the morning.
Locked Previous topicNext topic