I feel like that is going to far.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I was the one who posted about a local woman being upset her kids could only go to school 2 days a week while the special education kids were going 5 days a week. She felt like the ones going further in life should have more days in school. Another woman who is a nurse said that she agrees that to much money is being spent on those "retards" (her exact words not mine) and how she worked with some who were doing nothing in life. I just noticed that people are calling the places she works and has worked. They were calling the licencing board and telling them her comments and how they need to investigate any wrong doings to any special needs she took care of. I get she said horrible things but trying to get her nursing license taken away is a little far in my opinion.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Oh for FFS. My kids were taught from age 13 that what you post on social media can have long term affects - college entrance, jobs, etc. They got it. Why can't this adult woman get it too? Why do people feel obligated to post every single thought on FB?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’m torn, TBH. I agree that even disgusting people have a right to a livelihood. If you don’t like something somebody said, fine. Tell them. But don’t mess with their lives.But you do have to wonder how she has treated people she seems that worthless. It’s a valid co concern if she’s referring to them in such demeaning and hateful ways.
Personally, I think jumping to the conclusion that she may have deliberately harmed patients is pretty uncalled for, if that’s what these people are suggesting. But there’s a possibility that when it comes to patients she thinks are “useless” she may not perform to the same standards.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That's the age we live in. Everything you do on social media can affect other areas of your life. As WellPreserved said, my kids were taught that early on. Kids have had their college scholarships or acceptances rescinded because of racist comments they made on social media. Adults have lost their jobs over confrontations in grocery stores that were filmed and posted. People need to learn how to conduct themselves on social media and remember that nothing is private anymore.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:29 pm I’m torn, TBH. I agree that even disgusting people have a right to a livelihood. If you don’t like something somebody said, fine. Tell them. But don’t mess with their lives.But you do have to wonder how she has treated people she seems that worthless. It’s a valid co concern if she’s referring to them in such demeaning and hateful ways.
Personally, I think jumping to the conclusion that she may have deliberately harmed patients is pretty uncalled for, if that’s what these people are suggesting. But there’s a possibility that when it comes to patients she thinks are “useless” she may not perform to the same standards.
I'm a nurse. I have had to treat many people who I felt were worthless. I still gave them the same level of care as everyone else. You don't have to like your patient to be a great nurse.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think it’s all part of the self centered generation of today. You know, the generation that brought us social media, selfies and always complain about their “rights”. They obviously do think that the whole world revolves around their every thought and action.
WellPreserved wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:26 pm Oh for FFS. My kids were taught from age 13 that what you post on social media can have long term affects - college entrance, jobs, etc. They got it. Why can't this adult woman get it too? Why do people feel obligated to post every single thought on FB?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I agree. But the way she was openly referring to special needs people in such a hateful way, I think it’s a valid concern to have. Just because you’re a good and honest nurse and I think most are, that doesn’t mean there cannot be a rotten apple.
As I said, I wouldn’t go out of my way to mess up her life and the thought that she would deliberately harm a patient wouldn’t have crossed my mind. But I can understand if some people had some concerns. I do think most of those just wanted to harm her though, and that is indeed uncalled for.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:35 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:29 pm I’m torn, TBH. I agree that even disgusting people have a right to a livelihood. If you don’t like something somebody said, fine. Tell them. But don’t mess with their lives.But you do have to wonder how she has treated people she seems that worthless. It’s a valid co concern if she’s referring to them in such demeaning and hateful ways.
I'm a nurse. I have had to treat many people who I felt were worthless. I still gave them the same level of care as everyone else. You don't have to like your patient to be a great nurse.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Actions have consequences. Adults should know that. Freedom of speech does not mean freedom of consequences in the workplace and other aspects of life.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:19 pm I was the one who posted about a local woman being upset her kids could only go to school 2 days a week while the special education kids were going 5 days a week. She felt like the ones going further in life should have more days in school. Another woman who is a nurse said that she agrees that to much money is being spent on those "retards" (her exact words not mine) and how she worked with some who were doing nothing in life. I just noticed that people are calling the places she works and has worked. They were calling the licencing board and telling them her comments and how they need to investigate any wrong doings to any special needs she took care of. I get she said horrible things but trying to get her nursing license taken away is a little far in my opinion.
So why are you going anonymous here because your name (Mary B Nappa) was on full display in the original post which was shared on multiple forums. Try again trollina.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

A nurse said that? If that's her attitude on social media that's probably her attitude on the job. You believe someone is "retarded" that bleeds into your actions and your personality. I can understand being upset about school but her words were cruel. She's also got her nerve deciding who's going to go far and who won't. I bet this wasn't some isolated incident. And yep I feel no sympathy for her. I know too many physically and mentally challenged people that worked too hard to get to where they are now. Idk about her license getting revoked but if I were her boss I'd be looking at her work performance.
Locked Previous topicNext topic