Has anyone's district started school yet?

Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Has anyone started school yet? Our schools never open before September but I know other states start in August. Has anyone started yet?

I'm wondering what the policy is if a child or adult in a classroom tests positive for the virus. Does that mean the whole class has to go home and quarantine for 2 weeks?
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

We don't start until Sept 8th, but they have already announced online only for the whole first trimester so we will not have any opportunity to be back in the classroom until at least 12/5/20.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

My kids went back to school two months ago. If someone tests positive then the class is sent home until everyone is tested.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We started on July 29th but it's 100% remote. The teachers are using Google Classroom and Google Meets to teach / give assignments. The students have a schedule to follow just like if they were at school, it's just at home. So for example my son signs into his Math Google Meets at 8am and the class goes till 8:45am. Then he signs into his PE Google Meets at 8:50am and so on throughout the day.

Honestly, I would be surprised if anyone in the US was actually in the classroom right now.
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We haven’t started yet here. ODD starts college in a couple weeks.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Tuesday after Labor Day here like every year. I like it that way - you always know when school will start.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes, but classes are online. As far as my understanding, once on site is available, if someone in the class tests positive, the other students/teachers would have to quarantine until they provide proof of a negative test. Our district gave 3 options and the online only for the year was the preferred option by many, I selected flex in which we get to choose each quarter. With the current numbers, even if all student on flex were to join those who selected on site only for the year, the classroom sizes would still be small enough to distance, masks are required, bathrooms and classrooms sinks have been updated to touch free and touch free sanitation stations have been add to classrooms, office, lobby, hallways, etc.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

A lot of schools in Atlanta started yesterday..FTF. My niece's private school started today FTF. The district starts 8/17 virtually.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

DS starts on Monday. There is no policy yet for if/when someone tests positive for Covid <sigh>.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Starts the 17th here 100% distance learning through at least the 1st quarter
Locked Previous topicNext topic