My stbex husband is an idiot and thinks I won't be able to get custody of the kids

Anonymous 1

Unread post

They used to be my step kids until I adopted them. Now they are my kids just as much as they are his kids. He left and just thought he could take them. He gave up on that because they didn't want to go with him anyway. Now he is saying that in court he will automatically get full custody because he is their real parent.

Sorry buddy but that isn't how it works. He will be lucky to get 50/50 but he is going to need a stable place to live before that. He was living with his gf for awhile until she dumped him. Now he's just couch surfing.

It is amazing how fast I went from being their mom to him just referring to me as their step mom again. I'm not their step mom. He truly is an idiot. I am glad I am done with him but I feel bad for the kids. They didn't deserve any of this.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Not to mention desertion is frowned upon the courts! It sounds like he's in for a rude awakening!
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Huh. Don't think I've seen this one before.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

And he's gonna have to pay child support, lol.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:30 pm Huh. Don't think I've seen this one before.
I doubt most people are as stupid as he is being so I can't see how many would be in this situation.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

How old are the kids?
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Well. You adopting them sure bit him in the butt. I feel sorry for the kids. Their dad is clearly a piece of work. :(

Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I had a friend who had the opposite problem. Her husband adopted her son when he was around 2. They divorced when the boy was about 14. He then decided he didn't have any responsibility. The judge very quickly corrected him on that.

You could very well end up with custody.
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

If he thinks that all of the sudden you won't have rights to kids, he's in for a rude awakening.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:27 pm They used to be my step kids until I adopted them. Now they are my kids just as much as they are his kids. He left and just thought he could take them. He gave up on that because they didn't want to go with him anyway. Now he is saying that in court he will automatically get full custody because he is their real parent.

Sorry buddy but that isn't how it works. He will be lucky to get 50/50 but he is going to need a stable place to live before that. He was living with his gf for awhile until she dumped him. Now he's just couch surfing.

It is amazing how fast I went from being their mom to him just referring to me as their step mom again. I'm not their step mom. He truly is an idiot. I am glad I am done with him but I feel bad for the kids. They didn't deserve any of this.
Locked Previous topicNext topic