I'm moving back home

Anonymous 1

Unread post

DH got a job in Arizona. We moved here 10 months ago. I hate it. I tried to be open minded. I tried to like it but I just don't. It is so hot all the time. Even the pool sucks because it is just like hot bath water. I tried hiking several times but even if you go at the crack of dawn it is too hot. I'm not much of an indoor person. I thrive outdoors. Now I feel trapped inside. I am so unhappy. I have never been so depressed in my life. I honestly hate it here.

I have talked to DH so many times about it. We have tried to find a solution and things that I can like about it here but it has been unsuccessful.

I made the decision to move back home. I just can't take it anymore. Our house never sold so I don't have to look for a place to live. The kids can either stay or go with me. DH is not okay with my decision. He says that I can't just decide to leave. I told him that I gave it a shot and it didn't work out. Not all moves work out. I gave it a good shot and tried my hardest. I am not going to remain unhappy. I'm not saying he has to leave but I'm not staying.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I get it. I’ve ended a relationship over out of state moving. I will never try to live out of state again. It’s not for everyone. Good luck!
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Home is where my husband and kids are but you do you.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:36 pm Home is where my husband and kids are but you do you.
Home is also where you are happy. Home is where my parents and other family members are. Home is the house we lived in for over 20 years. This place doesn't feel like home.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I’m sorry you feel that way. My mom was like that when I was growing up. We moved for my dad’s job, and she hated where we lived and hated being so far from her family. She stuck it out until we were all in college, but I hated seeing her so miserable. Dh and I have made a few moves over the years, but it’s always been to places I enjoyed. I can’t say that I blame you. Good luck.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

There's no reason for you to remain unhappy. I moved several years ago and it's too cold for me here, so I feel you on the change of weather thing! But I love it here, so I've adjusted. I am SEVERELY disappointed that I don't get to spend my summer somewhere warm this year though, (thanks, Corona!).

Hopefully you and your husband can talk this through and come to a mutual agreement. You might want to bring in a counselor if either of you aren't great at communicating. Best of luck to you!
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That couldnot have been an easy decision to make.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I would just give the relationship up now if you pressure your husband to move back or even if you don't and he feels like you are he's going to resent you. If he doesn't move back you will ultimately even not consciously resent him for choosing his job over you. It's a no win situation and I would get it over and move on with my life the sooner the better.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:02 pm I would just give the relationship up now if you pressure your husband to move back or even if you don't and he feels like you are he's going to resent you. If he doesn't move back you will ultimately even not consciously resent him for choosing his job over you. It's a no win situation and I would get it over and move on with my life the sooner the better.
We have done the long distance thing before. We will have to figure out what happens next.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Lotus wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:58 pm That couldnot have been an easy decision to make.
It was a very hard decision.
Locked Previous topicNext topic