Period panties

Momdiggity
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

My DD is 11 and has autism. She’s having a hard time adjusting to taking care of her needs during her period. Does anybody have experience with period panties? Are they dependable? Do they hold much? Are they easy to clean? Thanks!
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momdiggity wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:48 am My DD is 11 and has autism. She’s having a hard time adjusting to taking care of her needs during her period. Does anybody have experience with period panties? Are they dependable? Do they hold much? Are they easy to clean? Thanks!
I know of one member who has them. Not sure how often she posts on here. Good luck!
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I love mine! I've been using them for years. I rarely use anything else. I find them dependable and fairly easy to clean, but I guess I have a light-to-medium cycle. On light days I can wear them all day without them developing any sort of smell, which is fantastic!
Momdiggity
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:57 am I love mine! I've been using them for years. I rarely use anything else. I find them dependable and fairly easy to clean, but I guess I have a light-to-medium cycle. On light days I can wear them all day without them developing any sort of smell, which is fantastic!
Thanks!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

You're welcome! And if you have any specific questions I can try to answer to the best of my ability. I just don't really know what to say about them without prompting! It feels a bit odd. :lol:
Momdiggity wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:59 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:57 am I love mine! I've been using them for years. I rarely use anything else. I find them dependable and fairly easy to clean, but I guess I have a light-to-medium cycle. On light days I can wear them all day without them developing any sort of smell, which is fantastic!
Thanks!
Momdiggity
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:03 am You're welcome! And if you have any specific questions I can try to answer to the best of my ability. I just don't really know what to say about them without prompting! It feels a bit odd. :lol:
Momdiggity wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:59 am
Thanks!
I know what you mean, it’s a personal subject! I’m hoping to reduce the amount of care she has to put into it, get her through the school day without changing (when school is in session) and reduce the “ick” factor for her. She freaks out every month that it’s “so gross” and refuses to look. It’s been almost a year and she’s still upset about it.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

My daughter started her period early too at 10 1/2. It is hard for any girl that young to take care of something like that. I wish the makers of Always, Tampax and Playtex would make hip, adorable disposable panties that young girls (and women) could use instead of regular panties and so they wouldn't have to worry about leaks or staining their panties and could just toss them and pull out new ones if they had a leak. If little kids can have swim diapers and pull ups, then I know it's possible.

My daughter was the same way. She's a heavy bleeder too. I finally bought some PLU fabric that is used to line cloth diapers and sewed a panel in some of her underwear for her period so when she leaked, it would not leak out into her clothes. I use one of her long overnight heavy pads as a pattern. They worked out pretty well for her. She's now on birth control pills for her heavy periods and severe cramping.
Momdiggity
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:30 am My daughter started her period early too at 10 1/2. It is hard for any girl that young to take care of something like that. I wish the makers of Always, Tampax and Playtex would make hip, adorable disposable panties that young girls (and women) could use instead of regular panties and so they wouldn't have to worry about leaks or staining their panties and could just toss them and pull out new ones if they had a leak. If little kids can have swim diapers and pull ups, then I know it's possible.

My daughter was the same way. She's a heavy bleeder too. I finally bought some PLU fabric that is used to line cloth diapers and sewed a panel in some of her underwear for her period so when she leaked, it would leak out into her clothes. I use one of her long overnight heavy pads as a pattern. They worked out pretty well for her. She's now on birth control pills for her heavy periods and severe cramping.
Thanks, what a great idea! I bet even I can pull that off with my limited sewing skills! We are going to look into the pill too. This is too young for all this hassle!
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I use them but with my PCOS I don't bleed very heavy. I like not having to use a tampon and I've always hated pads. I don't think the panties would be good for a heavy day. One weird problem I have with them that I haven't noticed anyone else mention is the location of the absorbent part on all the brands I've seen (and the ones I have). The absorbent material starts at the bottom of the crotch and goes all the way back to the waistband in the back. I need more of that material towards the front instead. I've actually worn mine backwards sometimes lol.
Momdiggity
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:47 am I use them but with my PCOS I don't bleed very heavy. I like not having to use a tampon and I've always hated pads. I don't think the panties would be good for a heavy day. One weird problem I have with them that I haven't noticed anyone else mention is the location of the absorbent part on all the brands I've seen (and the ones I have). The absorbent material starts at the bottom of the crotch and goes all the way back to the waistband in the back. I need more of that material towards the front instead. I've actually worn mine backwards sometimes lol.
Thanks, that’s good to know. How clever to wear them backwards.
Locked Previous topicNext topic