I have a confession.

Anonymous 3

Unread post

Weird humble brag
Anonymous 1

Unread post

You have an odd sense of what's prideworthy.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:10 pmWeird humble brag
Anonymous 4

Unread post

My version of shopping is finding a comfortable t-shirt and then buying it in multiple colors. I know. I'm sad and pathetic. ...I don't look good in anything and suck at matching clothing, so jeans and t-shirts and comfortable it is.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

My art teacher would buy two pairs of shoes that were photo negatives of each other - white with red trim, red with white trim - then wear one of each. That was what I loved about her.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I used to be the same way. Almost always jeans and t-shirts, sweaters, or tank tops! You can develop a fashion sense and find clothes you look good in, if that's something you want to do. Otherwise there's nothing wrong with jeans and tees!
Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:01 am My version of shopping is finding a comfortable t-shirt and then buying it in multiple colors. I know. I'm sad and pathetic. ...I don't look good in anything and suck at matching clothing, so jeans and t-shirts and comfortable it is.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I always wanted to do that as a teen but I guess I outgrew it before I had my own money. LOL... being a parent now I can imagine what my parents must have thought of the idea. I swear my daughter has THE WORST taste in fashion. 🤣
Anonymous 5 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:11 am My art teacher would buy two pairs of shoes that were photo negatives of each other - white with red trim, red with white trim - then wear one of each. That was what I loved about her.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Well, you are a busy shopper! lol Have fun!
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:41 pm That's sound advice! I can't see it working for me, but it sounds great in theory!

I just ordered 9 more bottoms and 2 more dresses so I have to do some more purging in the morning.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:22 am Then, in your case, any clothing that hasn't been worn in a year gets donated.

And so that you know which clothes have been used and which ones haven't been used, place all your hangers on the rack with the hooks facing towards the BACK of the closet. After you've used a piece of clothing, when you hang it back up, face the hanger towards the FRONT of the closet. At the end of the year, any clothing that is still facing the BACK of the closet gets donated.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:41 am That makes more sense! It wouldn't work for me though. I have too many clothes that spill over into different seasons!
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

what a weird brag post. I can't imagine bragging about irresponsible spending.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I'm not sure why anyone would interpret a confession about being irresponsible/forgetful as bragging.
I also don't know why anyone would bother bragging anonymously.
mojogirl wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:59 pm what a weird brag post. I can't imagine bragging about irresponsible spending.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Thank you! Most of my usual hobbies are off the table for now so I may be going a little heavy on the shopping this year. I just have to make sure I stick with my new rule!
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:01 pm Well, you are a busy shopper! lol Have fun!
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:41 pm That's sound advice! I can't see it working for me, but it sounds great in theory!

I just ordered 9 more bottoms and 2 more dresses so I have to do some more purging in the morning.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:22 am Then, in your case, any clothing that hasn't been worn in a year gets donated.

And so that you know which clothes have been used and which ones haven't been used, place all your hangers on the rack with the hooks facing towards the BACK of the closet. After you've used a piece of clothing, when you hang it back up, face the hanger towards the FRONT of the closet. At the end of the year, any clothing that is still facing the BACK of the closet gets donated.

Locked Previous topicNext topic