I have a confession.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I usually only do a lot of shopping two or three times a year, so it's not too bad. I've had some of these clothes for years, but they're still in good condition and I can't bring myself to get rid of them! I'm thinking of giving myself a new rule, throwing out one or two pieces for every new one I bring in.
agander2017 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:35 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:41 am To be fair, I bought the doubles some time ago and I am more mindful of what I'm buying now. But I do still buy too much. Right now I have over 200 tops & dresses so none of them see a lot of wear. I'll be donating the doubles to charity.
agander2017 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:39 am I think you should pay better attention to what you're buying.... At least when you ruin one, you have an extra.
Lol, wow. That is a lot. Have you considered going to shopaholics annon? Just kidding. Kinda. I think donating them would be a good idea. There are always people in need. :)
Anonymous 2

Unread post

To thin out your wardrobe, here's an even better rule: What doesn't get worn this season, gets donated at the end of it.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:56 pm I usually only do a lot of shopping two or three times a year, so it's not too bad. I've had some of these clothes for years, but they're still in good condition and I can't bring myself to get rid of them! I'm thinking of giving myself a new rule, throwing out one or two pieces for every new one I bring in.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:41 am To be fair, I bought the doubles some time ago and I am more mindful of what I'm buying now. But I do still buy too much. Right now I have over 200 tops & dresses so none of them see a lot of wear. I'll be donating the doubles to charity.
Lol, wow. That is a lot. Have you considered going to shopaholics annon? Just kidding. Kinda. I think donating them would be a good idea. There are always people in need. :)
Anonymous 1

Unread post

That would leave me having to buy all new clothes for spring, fall and summer. Unless I'm misinterpreting it? Haha.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:02 pm To thin out your wardrobe, here's an even better rule: What doesn't get worn this season, gets donated at the end of it.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:56 pm I usually only do a lot of shopping two or three times a year, so it's not too bad. I've had some of these clothes for years, but they're still in good condition and I can't bring myself to get rid of them! I'm thinking of giving myself a new rule, throwing out one or two pieces for every new one I bring in.

bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:23 pm That would leave me having to buy all new clothes for spring, fall and summer. Unless I'm misinterpreting it? Haha.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:02 pm To thin out your wardrobe, here's an even better rule: What doesn't get worn this season, gets donated at the end of it.
I think you do it for each season. Whatever summer clothes don’t get worn this summer go, and so on for each season.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Anonymous 1

Unread post

That makes more sense! It wouldn't work for me though. I have too many clothes that spill over into different seasons!
bluebunnybabe wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:06 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:23 pm That would leave me having to buy all new clothes for spring, fall and summer. Unless I'm misinterpreting it? Haha.

I think you do it for each season. Whatever summer clothes don’t get worn this summer go, and so on for each season.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I do that with grocery shopping. I love grocery shopping and I sometimes buy things that I already have and don't use often..lol. My cabinets are literally packed!

I hate clothes shopping unless it's for DD. My wardrobe is embarrassingly minimal.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I used to do that with groceries too! I'm a lot better about it now that I have a small kitchen! :lol:
KendallsMom wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:45 am I do that with grocery shopping. I love grocery shopping and I sometimes buy things that I already have and don't use often..lol. My cabinets are literally packed!

I hate clothes shopping unless it's for DD. My wardrobe is embarrassingly minimal.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Why would you donating un-used clothing cause you to have to purchase more clothing?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Then, in your case, any clothing that hasn't been worn in a year gets donated.

And so that you know which clothes have been used and which ones haven't been used, place all your hangers on the rack with the hooks facing towards the BACK of the closet. After you've used a piece of clothing, when you hang it back up, face the hanger towards the FRONT of the closet. At the end of the year, any clothing that is still facing the BACK of the closet gets donated.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:41 am That makes more sense! It wouldn't work for me though. I have too many clothes that spill over into different seasons!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

That's sound advice! I can't see it working for me, but it sounds great in theory!

I just ordered 9 more bottoms and 2 more dresses so I have to do some more purging in the morning.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:22 am Then, in your case, any clothing that hasn't been worn in a year gets donated.

And so that you know which clothes have been used and which ones haven't been used, place all your hangers on the rack with the hooks facing towards the BACK of the closet. After you've used a piece of clothing, when you hang it back up, face the hanger towards the FRONT of the closet. At the end of the year, any clothing that is still facing the BACK of the closet gets donated.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:41 am That makes more sense! It wouldn't work for me though. I have too many clothes that spill over into different seasons!

Locked Previous topicNext topic