My SO is going to flip out, I need help!

Catdaughter20
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

So what happened?
Anonymous 8

Unread post

No, you are just a poor parent.

I had a new born and an 18 month old. NONE of the issues you have EVER happened in our house.

Put a gate at the top of every stair case. Put a video monitor in his room. Put a gate on the door of his room

Your negligence has NOTHING to do with having a toddler and an infant. It however has everything to do with your inability to parent.

RealisticBeauty wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:07 am usually ds comes straight into our room when he wakes up in the morning however last week he decided he wanted to go into the basement (aka his father's office) He got the barstool to reach the lock, he pulled the barstool to the top of the step to reach the light switch and went down the stairs and found his dad half empty cup of cold coffee, came back upstairs, came into my bedroom (I was still asleep) he stood next to the bed and said "mommy I made a mess" I jumped up and rushed out of the room and discovered what he did. The coffee spilled on the steps as he was coming up. This is why we decided it was time to hire a nanny. It could've been a tragic ending had he fell off of the barstool reaching for the light.

You guys have to remember that I'm still new at trying to juggle two small kids. DS is literally in the middle of terrible twos ( and very intelligent for his age) and my baby is still very helpless. The timing of the two couldn't be any worse.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Catdaughter20 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:49 am So what happened?
Nothing happened. Its still on his truck and he has no idea. I was going to go out and buy some of the items mentioned in the post but we are in the middle of a tornado. I'm just going to show him the damage and let him deal with it.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

an 18.momth old is a lot easier to deal with than a 2 and a half year old....
Anonymous 8 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:03 am No, you are just a poor parent.

I had a new born and an 18 month old. NONE of the issues you have EVER happened in our house.

Put a gate at the top of every stair case. Put a video monitor in his room. Put a gate on the door of his room

Your negligence has NOTHING to do with having a toddler and an infant. It however has everything to do with your inability to parent.

RealisticBeauty wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:07 am usually ds comes straight into our room when he wakes up in the morning however last week he decided he wanted to go into the basement (aka his father's office) He got the barstool to reach the lock, he pulled the barstool to the top of the step to reach the light switch and went down the stairs and found his dad half empty cup of cold coffee, came back upstairs, came into my bedroom (I was still asleep) he stood next to the bed and said "mommy I made a mess" I jumped up and rushed out of the room and discovered what he did. The coffee spilled on the steps as he was coming up. This is why we decided it was time to hire a nanny. It could've been a tragic ending had he fell off of the barstool reaching for the light.

You guys have to remember that I'm still new at trying to juggle two small kids. DS is literally in the middle of terrible twos ( and very intelligent for his age) and my baby is still very helpless. The timing of the two couldn't be any worse.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:52 am Just deny knowing anything about it.

It's not like you two are soul mates and best friends that are deeply in love.

Just say "I don't know" when he asks about it and move on. What's the worst that could happen?
I just didn't feel like dealing with his meltdowns
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:16 pm RB, do you want a nanny? I'll help you out. I raised five lol.
I have a par time nanny now, thank god
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Perhaps in your world. My 18 month old was talking in complete sentences, was able to “help with baby” and was also very active. Still, we had zero issues that you do. You are full of reasons why you are a poor parent and refuse to admit that you need professional help! And so don’t mean a nanny.

RealisticBeauty wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:08 am an 18.momth old is a lot easier to deal with than a 2 and a half year old....

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My oldest was 2 and a half when my youngest was born. Stop making excuses for being lazy and neglectful. It seems you are those things because you love the drama of having it oh-so-hard. You don’t. Many people around the world have toddlers and newborns and their lives aren’t the constant train wreck yours always seems to be.
Just get it together, it’s not rocket science.
RealisticBeauty wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:08 am an 18.momth old is a lot easier to deal with than a 2 and a half year old....

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 18

Unread post

I had a ex who had someone write all over his car with permanent marker he was told to use nail polish remover and then was it off right away, by a auto body shop. If needed repeat, but do not let the nail polish remover remain on the car for any prolonged amount of time. He had no issue removing it, and there was no damage to the paint.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My three boys are all 2.5 years apart so at one point I had a new 4/5year old 2.5 year old and a new born so don't be pulling that poor me shit. You forget, we are all mothers on this site and most have done what you are doing if not more. While I understand it is a handful and I agree with you saying you may be burnt out or it's a lot of work you need to stop blaming your failures on your kids or your SO. Take responsibility and stop discounting others experiences and always thinking your life is worse. You made your life the way it is so deal with it. Absolutely ask for advice but stop expecting nothing but sympathy and stop trying to act like your life is harder than everyone else's.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Locked Previous topicNext topic