Kids will adjust to wearing masks in school.

xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

They're only making kids grades 4 and up wear them here. I'm sure if someone wanted tbeir child to wear one they'd let them.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:25 pm Kids are adaptable. To them, anything can be normal if they are told it is. Yes, some children will have more trouble than others, but for the majority it is a very learnable habit. The majority of my dad's side of the family lives in Japan, wearing a mask when you could be sick is seen as common. As a result, kids don't fuss with and make a big deal over masks.
I was just having this conversation the other day with a friend who immigrated from South Korea lol
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:16 am It's sad that all of you as parents are going along with forcing your child to comply with something that's useless and harmful to them. You're raising another generation of lemmings.
Harmful, How? Do tell.
You're probably just another conspiracy theorist who runs their mouth until they or someone they're close to gets it and nearly dies from it to take it seriously. Better go get your tinfoil hat.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Oh, my! That would be concerning to me, too. Maybe lack of air conditioning doesn't affect others as much as it does me (I'm asthmatic), but I know that since this pandemic and the onset of a heatwave, I've keeled over twice. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you...that cool weather is headed your way! Good luck!
Emandab wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:31 pm My concern in MY district is that none of the six elementary schools, prek-5, have air conditioning. It's rough for the kids and teachers through September as it is, add in the age group involved, I can't even imagine the nightmare with masks.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

I suppose that I should not laugh about this...but have you seen the meme where it shows all the little boys in a schoolyard SWAPPING their Spider Man masks for Super Man masks? ....Everything's all good until some other kid has a mask that you'd much prefer over the one that you have! lol
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:34 pm Haha. I work with the public. I love when the little boys come in with masks. While they're waiting for the adult to take care of their purchases, more often than not that mask comes off and they use the straps to shoot it like a rubberband to entertain themselves.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Im in nyc...the bus rides four these kids especially the first 2 weeks are 2 hours plus to get to school on HOT ass school buses and you want parents to force their kids to wear masks in that misery? THAN add in the fact that NONE of nyc schools besides a few have air conditioning...not sending my kids to deal with that misery...nope!!
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:22 am
Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:16 am It's sad that all of you as parents are going along with forcing your child to comply with something that's useless and harmful to them. You're raising another generation of lemmings.
So tell us what we should do. If you need eggs and the grocery store demands a mask upon entry then what? If our kid goes to school and is stopped at the door and told to put a mask on then what? You have a kidney stone and the doctors office demands a mask in the building then what. Do we starve? Do we not educate the kids anymore? Die of an infection? Please tell your secret of getting around the mask rule.

She is exempt because she has an imaginary *medical condition* lol. I even saw some twat claiming that his religion doesn't allow masks but straight out said he wouldn't say what religion.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Here 3rd through 12th are required to wear masks. I have no idea what the younger ones are supposed to do. I don't want my kids in school and am still on the fence about it. The cases are going up here and there is no logical reason to have the schools open up. I have a feeling it's more about sports and UIL because in this little dump of a town, football is all anyone cares about. Pathetic.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I agree, including that the first week will be rough, but then for the most part it should be ok.

Honestly I think the younger kids will be better about it. They're more used to just listening to adults and doing what they say and they will adapt easily. It's the Jr. High and HS kids that I think could be a pain in the butt depending on what attitude their parents have had this whole time. My kids (8th and 10th grade) would be fine with masks because they've worn them for long periods before and we've always worn them out in public even before it was mandated around here. But my area has a lot of people in the "right's infringement" brigade, and if parents have been fighting masks tooth and nail chances are the kids will act the same. And Jr High and HS kids love to fight against rules just because they can.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I guess school logo masks would be a solution to that. Our districts already have required school logo t-shirts as a uniform of sorts (can wear any bottoms, but must wear the school t-shirt). The school could just add masks to that uniform. I wouldn't think it would be hard for the local printing places that already print the t-shirts to also print masks.

Then since everyone has the same mask there would be no incentive to swap.
Anonymous 8 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:09 am I suppose that I should not laugh about this...but have you seen the meme where it shows all the little boys in a schoolyard SWAPPING their Spider Man masks for Super Man masks? ....Everything's all good until some other kid has a mask that you'd much prefer over the one that you have! lol
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:34 pm Haha. I work with the public. I love when the little boys come in with masks. While they're waiting for the adult to take care of their purchases, more often than not that mask comes off and they use the straps to shoot it like a rubberband to entertain themselves.
Locked Previous topicNext topic