Kids will adjust to wearing masks in school.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My 5 and 6 year old have been in school for 2 months now. They have to social distance as much as possible at school and masks are required. My friend is a kindergarten teacher at their school. She said the first week was rough and she had to remind kids often not to touch their masks and to keep them on. After that it just became a normal part of the day.

I am reading so many things about people saying that there is no way to make young school age kids wear a mask. That is simply not true. There might be some kids who have special needs or health issues where there are exceptions but the majority of kids will have no problems wearing masks in schools.

I just make sure to make sure my kids have clean masks and make sure they aren't touching their masks or taking them off when they have to wear them when they are with me.

The kids are capable of learning how to wear a mask appropriately and it won't be as big of an issue as so many are making it out to be.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

We don't give kids enough credit. Many people think children are incapable of doing so many things! Many things that are commonplace in other cultures are deemed as "impossible".
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Kids are adaptable. To them, anything can be normal if they are told it is. Yes, some children will have more trouble than others, but for the majority it is a very learnable habit. The majority of my dad's side of the family lives in Japan, wearing a mask when you could be sick is seen as common. As a result, kids don't fuss with and make a big deal over masks.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Kids tend to be much more adaptable than many adults.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My concern in MY district is that none of the six elementary schools, prek-5, have air conditioning. It's rough for the kids and teachers through September as it is, add in the age group involved, I can't even imagine the nightmare with masks.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Haha. I work with the public. I love when the little boys come in with masks. While they're waiting for the adult to take care of their purchases, more often than not that mask comes off and they use the straps to shoot it like a rubberband to entertain themselves.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

When I’ve been out, the ones I see not wearing masks are teenagers with their friends. (Teens with their parents are wearing masks.) I assume they are not wearing masks because they are worried about being lame. I wonder what will happen with masks in high schools.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:49 pm When I’ve been out, the ones I see not wearing masks are teenagers with their friends. (Teens with their parents are wearing masks.) I assume they are not wearing masks because they are worried about being lame. I wonder what will happen with masks in high schools.
My nineteen year old is fine wearing a mask. Ds17 is killing me. He takes it off at every opportunity. Yet before covid-19 he wore light up rave masks for fun. I just don't understand except now he's forced so its not fun I guess. But he will be doing virtual school.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

It's sad that all of you as parents are going along with forcing your child to comply with something that's useless and harmful to them. You're raising another generation of lemmings.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:16 am It's sad that all of you as parents are going along with forcing your child to comply with something that's useless and harmful to them. You're raising another generation of lemmings.
So tell us what we should do. If you need eggs and the grocery store demands a mask upon entry then what? If our kid goes to school and is stopped at the door and told to put a mask on then what? You have a kidney stone and the doctors office demands a mask in the building then what. Do we starve? Do we not educate the kids anymore? Die of an infection? Please tell your secret of getting around the mask rule.
Locked Previous topicNext topic