Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:08 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:07 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:49 pm

Since the end of March.
Wow....No store grocery store trips?
No I have everything delivered.
And you think that puts you at less risk how exactly? Do you realize your delivery person has been out in the world just like your ex and his roommate? It's a shame that you both are using this pandemic to lessen her father's time with him.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:47 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:08 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:07 pm

Wow....No store grocery store trips?
No I have everything delivered.
And you think that puts you at less risk how exactly? Do you realize your delivery person has been out in the world just like your ex and his roommate? It's a shame that you both are using this pandemic to lessen her father's time with him.
I have no contact with who ever delivers the food. I also wipe down and clean everything I buy. It isn't like I don't have the time to spend on it, my life is pretty boring these days.

I have no problem with her going, in the end it is her choice.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

My 15 year old tried to tell me that she didn’t want to go to the dentist because of COVID. I listened to her concerns but then I informed her that she was going anyway. We live in an area with few cases where everything has opened back up. Besides the dentist only lets patients in one at a time with a parent. DD doesn’t like going to the dentist and was trying to get out of it. But she was due to get her teeth cleaned and get some cavities filled so she wasn’t getting out of it. We scheduled everything at once at the dentist’s request so we wouldn’t have to make multiple appointments. At the end of the day I am the parent and my minor children will do what I decide is best until they are no longer minors. That same 15 is also expected to visit family members at my request whether she wants to or not. I take into consideration her opinions but in the end the decision is mine. She does so without a problem when I have to overrule her occasionally. If I was in your shoes DD would be going to her fathers or she can sit in her room without any privileges like electronics.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Yes. I do. 🙄
And that's why I GO to the grocery store only as needed and I get the rest online. 🙄
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:45 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:44 pm Same here. My daughter and I have been nowhere other than the grocery store since March.
Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:44 pm

So for the last 5 month neither you nor her went ANYWHERE?
And you don't think going to the grocery store puts you at risk? 🙄
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:50 pm My 15 year old tried to tell me that she didn’t want to go to the dentist because of COVID. I listened to her concerns but then I informed her that she was going anyway. We live in an area with few cases where everything has opened back up. Besides the dentist only lets patients in one at a time with a parent. DD doesn’t like going to the dentist and was trying to get out of it. But she was due to get her teeth cleaned and get some cavities filled so she wasn’t getting out of it. We scheduled everything at once at the dentist’s request so we wouldn’t have to make multiple appointments. At the end of the day I am the parent and my minor children will do what I decide is best until they are no longer minors. That same 15 is also expected to visit family members at my request whether she wants to or not. I take into consideration her opinions but in the end the decision is mine. She does so without a problem when I have to overrule her occasionally. If I was in your shoes DD would be going to her fathers or she can sit in her room without any privileges like electronics.
That doesn’t work for all children though. My daughter is super stubborn with massive anxiety issues (among other issues) and she would honestly take it as a ‘win’ if I took away her things until she went to the dentist. Short of knocking her out and paying a strong guy to carry her to the chair for me - there’s no way I could force her to go if she didn’t want to. Same with custody. It’s sadly a huge reason why her dad stopped trying. She felt super anxious around him so refused to go and there was nothing we could do to make her see him. Yes she’s in counselling, no she’s not a brat. She does chores, gets good grades, she just can’t reason with her fears and lashes out to protect herself from them
Locked Previous topicNext topic