Pressure cooker

MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WickedPissah wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:20 am
cgd5112 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:55 am The recipe calls for 8 hrs on high in the slow cooker. I do a low setting overnight.This way I don't have to think about it or fuss over it. It comes out to about 12-15 hrs by the time I get around to it.Then I just leave it on warm setting until I'm ready to serve.I use chuck roast and it's absolutely fork tender. A beautiful pink inside and perfectly cooked.

WickedPissah wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:24 am
How long do I put the pot roast in for?
I meant the time for the pressure cooker.
https://instantpoteats.com/instant-pot- ... t-poultry/ <--- Try this website
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 5

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:55 am
Anonymous 5 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:50 am
WickedPissah wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:44 pm

What happened?
I threw in some pasta, sauce, and veggies like I had done a million times. This time I decided I wanted it a little less done so I set it for 5 minutes less than I always did. A few minutes after the timer went off I released the pressure just like i always did but this time the amount of pressure inside was unreal. It shot sauce all of the way up to my ceiling. I had to jump back so I didn't get burned. My food was so overcooked it was inedible. Complete mush stuck to the bottom of the pan.
The company said its because I wasn't using an "approved recipe" out of their small recipe book. So I started googling and discovered that these things can and do explode. My then 11 year old was sitting nearby doing his schoolwork I'm so thankful i didn't set it for the full time.
I've had a bit of what I cooked come out of my release valve as it was depressurizing . Sometimes if you overfill it, that happens.
I've had that happen before but this was well under the maximum fill line and like I said the pressure was unreal. I had been using them for years so I knew what to expect. I've never had it shoot all of the way up to my ceiling before. Like I had to scrub my ceiling clean. And the food being that overdone in less time than I usually cook it. It was obviously a malfunction.
Locked Previous topicNext topic