MIL thinks we are stupid for getting a DNA test done

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I have twin daughters. We have never known if the were fraternal or identical. They look exactly the same and have the same blood type but that doesnt necessarily mean they are identical. There was two sacs and two placentas. Statistically it is more likely that they are fraternal twins but the only way to know 100% for sure is by a DNA test

The girls told their grandmother that we were getting the test done because they are excited to know and MIL pretty much just said it was stupid and a waste of money. She said we should call up the doctor and ask. She doesnt understand no matter how many times we tell her that the doctor doesnt know. She said DH and I were stupid for even entertaining this.

The girls are still excited about it but the way their grandmother reacted make them feel bad. My MIL cant seem to understand why so many people think she is a giant bitch sometimes, it is stuff like this
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don’t understand why it matters to be honest. Friends of ours have twin boys and had to know too. Hey, your money, their money. Spend it as you wish.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Msprekteacher wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:46 am I don’t understand why it matters to be honest. Friends of ours have twin boys and had to know too. Hey, your money, their money. Spend it as you wish.
It is just a fun thing.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Why...ultimately it doesn’t matter...that’s the point. It’s not going to change their status as twins-so I personally wouldn’t spend the $$ unless there was a compelling reason, and “fun thing to do” isn’t compelling f.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:47 am
Msprekteacher wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:46 am I don’t understand why it matters to be honest. Friends of ours have twin boys and had to know too. Hey, your money, their money. Spend it as you wish.
It is just a fun thing.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

It was $89 which we felt was worth it. There are some benefits to knowing but even though we are doing it just for fun we think it's worth it. The girls want to know and that is okay.

I'm not expecting that it is going to be some huge life changing things. Everyone knows that isn't the case.
Msprekteacher wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:53 am Why...ultimately it doesn’t matter...that’s the point. It’s not going to change their status as twins-so I personally wouldn’t spend the $$ unless there was a compelling reason, and “fun thing to do” isn’t compelling f.
It is just a fun thing.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I personally don’t think it’s that important, but if they want to know, why would mil care? You’re it asking her to pay for it, it r wasn’t hurts no one, so her opinion is irrelevant.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:44 am I have twin daughters. We have never known if the were fraternal or identical. They look exactly the same and have the same blood type but that doesnt necessarily mean they are identical. There was two sacs and two placentas. Statistically it is more likely that they are fraternal twins but the only way to know 100% for sure is by a DNA test

The girls told their grandmother that we were getting the test done because they are excited to know and MIL pretty much just said it was stupid and a waste of money. She said we should call up the doctor and ask. She doesnt understand no matter how many times we tell her that the doctor doesnt know. She said DH and I were stupid for even entertaining this.

The girls are still excited about it but the way their grandmother reacted make them feel bad. My MIL cant seem to understand why so many people think she is a giant bitch sometimes, it is stuff like this
Whatever floats your boat.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

There ya go then. If y’all wanted to spend the $$ then spend it. MIL opinion, my opinion, even the best friends opinion matter not!

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:00 pm It was $89 which we felt was worth it. There are some benefits to knowing but even though we are doing it just for fun we think it's worth it. The girls want to know and that is okay.

I'm not expecting that it is going to be some huge life changing things. Everyone knows that isn't the case.
Msprekteacher wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:53 am Why...ultimately it doesn’t matter...that’s the point. It’s not going to change their status as twins-so I personally wouldn’t spend the $$ unless there was a compelling reason, and “fun thing to do” isn’t compelling f.

It is just a fun thing.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I would be sharing a lot less information with MIL if that is how she responds.
Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don’t understand why people are giving you a hard time. It’s your money to do with what you wish. I’m sure they spend money on things you would find frivolous. Hell I spend money on things that don’t matter to others all the time. I think the fact the girls want to know is reason enough.
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
Locked Previous topicNext topic