BM isn't letting my step kids to to school

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:44 am
Anonymous 12 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:55 pm
Msprekteacher wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:04 pm He can certainly have an opinion, but no, she is the custodial parent and should be the one to decide. My husband and I are going round and round regarding our own children and one of us will “win” and the other will simply have been heard.

op said they have 50/50
Even with 50/50 one parent is the primary parent, meaning the kids use that parents address as their main address.
That is not true but the first address listed on school forms is our address.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:56 am
Anonymous 9 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:44 am
Anonymous 12 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:55 pm

op said they have 50/50
Even with 50/50 one parent is the primary parent, meaning the kids use that parents address as their main address.
That is not true but the first address listed on school forms is our address.
You can keep saying it isn't true but you're wrong. And just because his address is first on school forms doesn't mean anything... It's all about what's in the court papers.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:09 pm
Pjmm wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:07 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:04 pm

They can't start in person school during the school year.
You had to commit to full year of online? We didn't have that. We had virtual with plans to reassess after the first semester. Option 2. We have 3 options.
The school has made it clear that people could not switch to in person classes after the school year starts. I think they are wanting to avoid a flood of people changing their minds if things go well.
I can't blame her. Really the way it should work is those who can homeschool should. Those who need live school should go. But with fewer kids it's easier to social distance. I understand dad's pov also but even in an intact marriage someone is bound to overrule the other.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

You're putting refined sugar and tree climbing in the same category as Covid-19 and suggesting that she's the moron??? Hmmmmmmm.....
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:28 pm You’re a complete moron if you think any decision in life should be motivated by “exclusively safety.” Let’s shut down every amusement park in the world, outlaw all sports, prohibit children from climbing trees, ban refined sugar......should I continue?
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:15 pm Yes, it means nothing to me. Everything has opened prematurely, so no, I don’t trust that their motivation is exclusively safety. They are considero no other factors to make those recommendations.
And ultimately, the school will make the final choice taking into account the factors relevant to them, not general guidelines for a whole country. They have the added responsibility of having some out of town and international students in a dorm and they have to ensure their health and safety first.
If in a month they decide it’s safe to open the school for actual classes even for out-of-towners then I will trust that they’re doing it because it’s safe.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:09 pm So the CDC (and AAP) recommendations that schools be open for children means nothing to you? Do you not trust the CDC?
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... hools.html
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:56 am Even though they really want to she won't let them. She said she refuses to drive them and said that DH can't take them either. She feels it is unsafe.

We haven't had any positive cases in our area. Sure there is some risk but it isn't huge. The kids have begged her to let them go even if it is just the hybrid plan which involves going to school for 2 or 3 half days a week. She said no to that also.

Now they are wanting DH to take it to court but there is no way that will happen by September 1st. I feel bad for the kids. They are in high school and I feel like they are old enough to be able to have an input. I just feel bad for them because they have been looking forward to school and now it's not happening.
He can't file an emergency order? That usually gets you in front of a judge in 48 hours. I'd think children being deprived of their education would count as an emergency.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 13

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:13 am You're putting refined sugar and tree climbing in the same category as Covid-19 and suggesting that she's the moron??? Hmmmmmmm.....
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:28 pm You’re a complete moron if you think any decision in life should be motivated by “exclusively safety.” Let’s shut down every amusement park in the world, outlaw all sports, prohibit children from climbing trees, ban refined sugar......should I continue?
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:15 pm Yes, it means nothing to me. Everything has opened prematurely, so no, I don’t trust that their motivation is exclusively safety. They are considero no other factors to make those recommendations.
And ultimately, the school will make the final choice taking into account the factors relevant to them, not general guidelines for a whole country. They have the added responsibility of having some out of town and international students in a dorm and they have to ensure their health and safety first.
If in a month they decide it’s safe to open the school for actual classes even for out-of-towners then I will trust that they’re doing it because it’s safe.

A virus with a 99.8% survival rate. Very very scary! Better wear a hazmat suit when you go out so you don't catch that severe cold! All of you need to get a grip already and stop perpetuating this fear of nothing into your children.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The virus is spreading everywhere. Just because there have been few cases reported in your area doesn't mean there is little danger. I don't blame her for being cautious. Safety should come first.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:18 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:56 am Even though they really want to she won't let them. She said she refuses to drive them and said that DH can't take them either. She feels it is unsafe.

We haven't had any positive cases in our area. Sure there is some risk but it isn't huge. The kids have begged her to let them go even if it is just the hybrid plan which involves going to school for 2 or 3 half days a week. She said no to that also.

Now they are wanting DH to take it to court but there is no way that will happen by September 1st. I feel bad for the kids. They are in high school and I feel like they are old enough to be able to have an input. I just feel bad for them because they have been looking forward to school and now it's not happening.
He can't file an emergency order? That usually gets you in front of a judge in 48 hours. I'd think children being deprived of their education would count as an emergency.
They are NOT being deprived of an education just because they aren't going to a brick and mortar building. Online schooling is still getting an education.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:18 am

I got the impression they were going to do virtual k-12. Most of Florida is giving 3 options. K-12 is the third but it requires a full year commitment. We're doing option 2, real time virtual with a reassessment at the end of the first nine weeks.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Anonymous 13 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:22 am
Anonymous 10 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:13 am You're putting refined sugar and tree climbing in the same category as Covid-19 and suggesting that she's the moron??? Hmmmmmmm.....

A virus with a 99.8% survival rate. Very very scary! Better wear a hazmat suit when you go out so you don't catch that severe cold! All of you need to get a grip already and stop perpetuating this fear of nothing into your children.
Yes there is a 99.8% survival rate but what are the long-term effects on people who get it and recover? I know my friend's brother got it in April and he is still having breathing issues. He has never smoked a day in his life but his drs say the xrays look like he has smoked for 10+ years. It's not a fear of nothing. It's a fear of the unknown. I feel sorry for your children for having a parent that can't see the bigger picture and that's ok with putting their children at risk.
Locked Previous topicNext topic