I'm all for adoption but I'm not spending $400 on a kitten

Anonymous 5

Unread post

I got a free cat from the pound because they were about to put her down. I saved her life.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Have you tried different shelters?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:12 pm DD really wants a kitten. We used to have a cat years ago but he died of old age. I told her we could get one as long as she did most of the cares for the cat.

The first place I looked was the humane society. Kittens are listed at $400. A kitten on there that is 10 months old is $375. A one year old car is 3250. The cheapest is $175 for a 12 year old cat.

I think the prices for the kittens are ridiculous. I understand it is to help them stay afloat but it is no wonder people would rather spent $20-100 on Craigslist or Facebook to get a 8 week old kitten. I'm not spending $400 on any kitten. It doesn't even cost that much to get them proper vet care.

So as much as I agree with adoption we will be going another route.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That is insane. You can get a kitten for 50-100 here at any shelter, already fixed and up to date on shots. A lot of times you get them cheaper than that too especially during kitten season.
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Kittens here are I think $350 and up (depending on where you go), all shots up to date and fixed. I think its ridiculous, and it forces many people to find animals online on FB or the newspaper.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

If the Humane Society in my area was charging $400 for a kitten, I might wonder if the kitten had been sick and had racked up a high medical bill.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We get stray kittens here sometimes. It’s all I can do to find homes for them for free.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Kikibix
Countess
Countess

Unread post

That’s a bargain - I’m assuming they’ve had all their shots, deworming, etc and spay/neuter. My 2 “free” kittens cost approximately $800 each in the first year for the necessary basic vet services. If you can’t afford that please don’t get a pet.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

If at the Humane Society there's a cat for $40. and to the right of that cat is a KITTEN for $400., the real bargain would be to the left of that kitten. OP, take the one on the left! 😂
Kikibix wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:15 pm That’s a bargain - I’m assuming they’ve had all their shots, deworming, etc and spay/neuter. My 2 “free” kittens cost approximately $800 each in the first year for the necessary basic vet services. If you can’t afford that please don’t get a pet.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

something shady going on at your animal shelter, or you're a big fibber
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Kikibix wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:15 pm That’s a bargain - I’m assuming they’ve had all their shots, deworming, etc and spay/neuter. My 2 “free” kittens cost approximately $800 each in the first year for the necessary basic vet services. If you can’t afford that please don’t get a pet.
You are stupid if you spent that much money on basic vet care for a kitten.
Locked Previous topicNext topic