Can we take a covid 19 test

Anonymous 1

Unread post

instead of quarantining for 14 days after we return home from an out of state vacation?

I don't want to quarantine. I'd much rather have the test.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

The point of quarantining is that you wouldn't show any symptoms for at least a few days. So getting a swab immediately after you come back wouldn't be helpful or accurate.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

COVID-19 contagion takes at least three to five days after exposure to test positive. Given the lack of reliability for results, "a negative test shouldn't be seen as your ticket to stop being cautious," the outlet reports.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... r-BB14SvmO
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

What are the laws in your state?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

californiagirl83 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:46 pm What are the laws in your state?
Quarantine for 2 weeks.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Many of you have seen those commercials where a person is using a no touch thermometer to test all employees for a fever before allowing them to enter and work that day. How could that possibly help determine if someone has covid19?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Follow the law of your state. Whatever the law is, you knew what would be expected of you upon returning home.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:06 pm Many of you have seen those commercials where a person is using a no touch thermometer to test all employees for a fever before allowing them to enter and work that day. How could that possibly help determine if someone has covid19?
It really doesn’t . I work in healthcare and get temped every day, tested once a week. Most covid patients don’t even have high temperatures. The employees that have come back positive have shown no symptoms but can still spread it
Anonymous 5

Unread post

No. Stop being a F***ing idiot.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:06 pm Many of you have seen those commercials where a person is using a no touch thermometer to test all employees for a fever before allowing them to enter and work that day. How could that possibly help determine if someone has covid19?
It determines if someone has a fever. At my work if you are over 99.9⁰ you are went home and tested. It isn't 100% perfect in detecting covid because some people don't have fevers but it can help. Anyone with a fever shouldn't be working anyway.
Locked Previous topicNext topic