BM isn't letting my step kids to to school

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Even though they really want to she won't let them. She said she refuses to drive them and said that DH can't take them either. She feels it is unsafe.

We haven't had any positive cases in our area. Sure there is some risk but it isn't huge. The kids have begged her to let them go even if it is just the hybrid plan which involves going to school for 2 or 3 half days a week. She said no to that also.

Now they are wanting DH to take it to court but there is no way that will happen by September 1st. I feel bad for the kids. They are in high school and I feel like they are old enough to be able to have an input. I just feel bad for them because they have been looking forward to school and now it's not happening.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Oh well. She is the mother and gets to make decisions for them until they are 18 years old.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:58 am Oh well. She is the mother and gets to make decisions for them until they are 18 years old.
DH is their father and he should be able to have some say. They should be making these decisions together.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wouldn't send my kids either even if there was no positive cases. You don't know the lives of the other kids. They can easily travel and bring it back. It only take 1 person to infect the whole school.
Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:58 am Oh well. She is the mother and gets to make decisions for them until they are 18 years old.
I would think their father has some input.
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:02 am
DH is their father and he should be able to have some say. They should be making these decisions together.
He had his say. She said no. If your DH had full custody then he would make the final decisions. Since you said she won't drive them and kids want Dad to 'take it to court' I assume they live with her most of the time. Too bad.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:09 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:02 am
He had his say. She said no. If your DH had full custody then he would make the final decisions. Since you said she won't drive them and kids want Dad to 'take it to court' I assume they live with her most of the time. Too bad.
Custody is 50/50. DH offered to drive the kids on her time but she still said no.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I can't altogether blame her. I can't blame him either. Perhaps the kids can do a full semester online and see how the cases are doing. It's what ds17 and I are doing
Anonymous 3

Unread post

and THAT attitude is why it is spreading among the younger crowd now
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I agree.
And IMHO, safety should come before what the kids want. My kids may want to have sleepovers with their cousins. But right now they can’t and I think this isn’t the time to do what the kids want to be the “cool” parent. And yes, they have a right to an I put. They don’t have a right to demand one parents steps over the other to do what they want. An input is something to consider, not the deciding factor.
I personally think that if there’s a risk and online classes is an option that it’s better to take it. I understand it’s not an option for some kids and those should be the ones attending school. But those who are able to do it remotely and not add more risk to themselves and others by crowding classes more should stay home.
Pjmm wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:17 am I can't altogether blame her. I can't blame him either. Perhaps the kids can do a full semester online and see how the cases are doing. It's what ds17 and I are doing
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic