Wisdom teeth?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I don't need it removed. There's plenty of space for it and it's fully erupted now.
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:25 am You go to a dentist and they will refer you to an oral surgeon to get it removed.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

It does hurt when they erupt but it could also be from there not being enough space in your mouth.
I had mine removed at 38 because there was a cavity in one and it was making my teeth a little too squished together.
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

DD had them removed because they were growing in weird, and she didn’t have enough room in her mouth for them to come in. Her dentist referred us to an oral surgeon.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

You said you were in pain. It could be infected then you absolutely need it removed. It’s not an emergency but you need to see your dentist so he/she can take a look at what is going on.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:18 am I don't need it removed. There's plenty of space for it and it's fully erupted now.
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:25 am You go to a dentist and they will refer you to an oral surgeon to get it removed.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:38 am Mine were there when I had braces and they somehow just disappeared when i got older.
The surgeon must have used some GOOD drugs. :)
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:51 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:38 am Mine were there when I had braces and they somehow just disappeared when i got older.
The surgeon must have used some GOOD drugs. :)
And magical xrays lol
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Well, you're right that it could be infected and possibly need removed (but not absolutely). I've had infections around there before though and it felt very different. I think this is just inflammation and soreness from it pushing through the gum. I will follow up with a dentist soon. Honestly I'm not super eager to go in right now due to Covid-19.
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:40 am You said you were in pain. It could be infected then you absolutely need it removed. It’s not an emergency but you need to see your dentist so he/she can take a look at what is going on.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:18 am I don't need it removed. There's plenty of space for it and it's fully erupted now.
JoJo728
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

You should let the dentist evaluate that. I had one of my wisdom teeth erupt and come in. No pain but not as much room and because it was so far back, it was potentially harder to keep clean and therefore more susceptible to plaque build up and gum disease. I had it removed when I was 45.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Thanks! Dentists have told me for about 25 years that I have plenty of space and it shouldn't cause me any issues. I did have one that wanted to surgically remove it but in my opinion that was more of a cash grab than anything else. I'll see a dentist soon if it keeps giving me trouble.
JoJo728 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:36 pm You should let the dentist evaluate that. I had one of my wisdom teeth erupt and come in. No pain but not as much room and because it was so far back, it was potentially harder to keep clean and therefore more susceptible to plaque build up and gum disease. I had it removed when I was 45.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Thankfully, I never got my wisdom teeth.

But as for your dilemma, I'm sure all you'd need to do is have your dentist give you a referral to an oral surgeon. Good luck!
Locked Previous topicNext topic