DH is sick with Covid and he still has to go to work

Anonymous 5

Unread post

If I were him I would return to the doctor and tell him what is going on. I'd say exactly what you just said below. I can't speak to what his doctor would do but I know mine would give me the note. I hope he feels better soon.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:23 pm The doctor isn't going to out him on bed rest because he is already cleared to work.

He doesn't feel well enough to work but it's either that or lose his job.

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:20 pm The same doctor that cleared him can also put him on bedrest or at least possibly write a note that would allow him to take breaks when he feels like he's over-exerting himself.

Bottom line is: He either feels well enough to work or he doesn't. If he doesn't feel well enough to work, he shouldn't be working.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:07 pm The doctor has already cleared him. A cough is not enough reason for them to keep him home. Some people have a cough for months. He has trouble breathing with too much physical activity which is something they also said could last for months.

Another test won't make a difference.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Trump did it was a hoax in the beginning. And Trump didn’t wear a mask until very recently, so Trump supporters are following him. Look at Herman Cain. And a gym owner in NJ says there is no scientific evidence or data supporting keeping gyms closed. So, yes, part of the blame lies on Trump’s shoulders.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:27 am
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:40 am I'm sorry. f**k Trump and f**k the Senate. Your husband should still be at home until he's better. Our government should be doing better by us.
to be clear
It's President Trump's fault that this hospital is requiring this employee to return to work sick? You can't be serious. Your TDS is very deep and you may never recover from that. God have mercy on your soul (if you even still have one because you've taken your own medical advice far too long)
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Part of the blame for what? Trump didn't make anyone go back to work while sick.
hotspice58 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:33 pm Trump did it was a hoax in the beginning. And Trump didn’t wear a mask until very recently, so Trump supporters are following him. Look at Herman Cain. And a gym owner in NJ says there is no scientific evidence or data supporting keeping gyms closed. So, yes, part of the blame lies on Trump’s shoulders.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:27 am
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:40 am I'm sorry. f**k Trump and f**k the Senate. Your husband should still be at home until he's better. Our government should be doing better by us.
to be clear
It's President Trump's fault that this hospital is requiring this employee to return to work sick? You can't be serious. Your TDS is very deep and you may never recover from that. God have mercy on your soul (if you even still have one because you've taken your own medical advice far too long)
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:14 pm A doctor isn't going to write him a note because he is medically cleared. He isn't tired and can stand and do his job just fine. We are just worried about him getting others sick.
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:10 pm It wouldn't matter if he had any remaining sick days or not. It's all in what the doctor puts in the note. If the man is literally too tired to stand on his own two feet, his cognitive function would be off, too. The doctor putting that in a note would surely get him excused from work for a while.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:45 pm He has no sick days. They see him as perfectly okay to return to work so he won't get leave.

If he is cleared by a dr then he isn't contagious anymore 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️. A Dr wouldn't send someone around others if they were still contagious. Why is so hard to understand that?
Anonymous 6

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:37 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:11 pm The company that one works for, not Trump or McConnell, would determine whether or not it is available to the employee.
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:20 pm

There should be paid FMLA leave that people can use. So yeah, Trump and McConnell.
FMLA is a federal law. The government actually can and should do something to make it available to everyone and subsidize if necessary. There is no reason for people to suffer when the government can do something. This is unconscionable.
You have to actually have an illness or condition to get FMLA. You can't get FMLA because you have a cold hanging on. Jesus.

It's Trump's fault we have to work I guess. Cuz going to work was just invented when he took office. And people never got sick with anything before 5 months ago either.

The idiotic comments on this board. I have very little hope for our future.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:35 am
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:37 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:11 pm The company that one works for, not Trump or McConnell, would determine whether or not it is available to the employee.

FMLA is a federal law. The government actually can and should do something to make it available to everyone and subsidize if necessary. There is no reason for people to suffer when the government can do something. This is unconscionable.
You have to actually have an illness or condition to get FMLA. You can't get FMLA because you have a cold hanging on. Jesus.

It's Trump's fault we have to work I guess. Cuz going to work was just invented when he took office. And people never got sick with anything before 5 months ago either.

The idiotic comments on this board. I have very little hope for our future.
Agree
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:14 pm A doctor isn't going to write him a note because he is medically cleared. He isn't tired and can stand and do his job just fine. We are just worried about him getting others sick.
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:10 pm It wouldn't matter if he had any remaining sick days or not. It's all in what the doctor puts in the note. If the man is literally too tired to stand on his own two feet, his cognitive function would be off, too. The doctor putting that in a note would surely get him excused from work for a while.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:45 pm He has no sick days. They see him as perfectly okay to return to work so he won't get leave.

If he is cleared I would think he has to return to work.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:04 am

If he is cleared by a dr then he isn't contagious anymore 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️. A Dr wouldn't send someone around others if they were still contagious. Why is so hard to understand that?
There is no way to know if he is still contagious yet. There is no test for it. He was cleared because he was fever free for over 24 hours.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:42 am

There is no way to know if he is still contagious yet. There is no test for it. He was cleared because he was fever free for over 24 hours.
I see that, and all i think of is alllllllllllllllllllll the teachers who are 'cleared' to go back to the classroom, and actually spreading covid around instead.....then the CDC is gonna come back with a ''woops, sorry, wrong again - stay home'
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:42 am

Was there someone monitoring his fever or?? Cause I would have just said I still had a fever lol. Put the thermometer on something hot.
Locked Previous topicNext topic