DH is sick with Covid and he still has to go to work

Anonymous 5

Unread post

It really was!
Valentina327 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:21 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:51 pm "Dick Van Dyke reruns" :lol:
Valentina327 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:41 am

I think we've all had to go back to work before we were 100%. I've had the flu a couple of times and that's really a month before you're feeling 100%. I had pneumonia a few years ago and it's a couple of months before you're really back to normal. I still can't take a very hot shower without starting to feel like passing out. LOL

Ideally we'd all be able to stay on the couch and watch Dick Van Dyke reruns for 3 months until we're fully where we want to be, but unfortunately that's not practical.
Best show of all time! :)
Anonymous 5

Unread post

😂 You screwed up! 😂 In your original post you said he was fever-free! He either did once have a fever or he never had one. Which is it? 😂
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:13 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:56 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:49 pm His 14 days has past and now his work is telling him to come back. They won't even retest him again. His symptoms have gotten minimally better and he has been fever free for over 24 hours so he is cleared to work. No wonder other people are getting sick. He is probably still contagious. He can't taste or smell. He has a bad cough. It is hard for him to do much walking. He works in a hospital around people. I just hope others don't get sick.

He doesn't want to work but if he doesn't we are absolutely fucked so there isn't an option.

f**k his work. f**k the CDC. f**k covid 19 I'm pissed.
Here you say he is fever free for 24 Hrs. Above you said there was never a fever? If he is cleared for work he should go to work.
The rules for his work are 10 days after a positive test and 24 hours fever free. He had his appointment 24 hours before returning to work and since he was fever free they cleared him to go to work.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

No I didn't saying he is fever free means he didn't have a fever. I'm not sure why you are so confused. He never had a fever aka was fever free. Fever free is the same thing as saying afebrile which means no fever.
Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:28 am 😂 You screwed up! 😂 In your original post you said he was fever-free! He either did once have a fever or he never had one. Which is it? 😂
Anonymous 7 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:56 am

Here you say he is fever free for 24 Hrs. Above you said there was never a fever? If he is cleared for work he should go to work.
The rules for his work are 10 days after a positive test and 24 hours fever free. He had his appointment 24 hours before returning to work and since he was fever free they cleared him to go to work.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

How is it the fault of the CDC?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:21 am How is it the fault of the CDC?
The CDC is the one that put the guidelines in place. At least 10 days since a positive test and 24 hours fever free and you are able to return to work.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Saying he was fever-free for a time period...."24 hours"...implies that at one point, he had a fever.

He either needs to go back to the doctor and explain to him that how he's feeling is affecting his ability to work or he needs to return to work. Him not asking the doctor for such a note when he knows he doesn't feel well, IMO, is foolish. There'd be no harm in asking. And IMO, if he isn't willing to ask, he must not feel that bad and therefore should report to work.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:15 am No I didn't saying he is fever free means he didn't have a fever. I'm not sure why you are so confused. He never had a fever aka was fever free. Fever free is the same thing as saying afebrile which means no fever.
Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:28 am 😂 You screwed up! 😂 In your original post you said he was fever-free! He either did once have a fever or he never had one. Which is it? 😂

Anonymous 1

Unread post

He did ask. The doctor still cleared him.
Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:16 pm Saying he was fever-free for a time period...."24 hours"...implies that at one point, he had a fever.

He either needs to go back to the doctor and explain to him that how he's feeling is affecting his ability to work or he needs to return to work. Him not asking the doctor for such a note when he knows he doesn't feel well, IMO, is foolish. There'd be no harm in asking. And IMO, if he isn't willing to ask, he must not feel that bad and therefore should report to work.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:15 am No I didn't saying he is fever free means he didn't have a fever. I'm not sure why you are so confused. He never had a fever aka was fever free. Fever free is the same thing as saying afebrile which means no fever.

Anonymous 5

Unread post

Then, there's not much more that he can do except to make the decision to STAY HOME or to GO TO WORK.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:21 pm He did ask. The doctor still cleared him.
Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:16 pm Saying he was fever-free for a time period...."24 hours"...implies that at one point, he had a fever.

Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:21 pm He did ask. The doctor still cleared him.

Well then off to work he goes!
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:37 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:11 pm The company that one works for, not Trump or McConnell, would determine whether or not it is available to the employee.
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:20 pm

There should be paid FMLA leave that people can use. So yeah, Trump and McConnell.
FMLA is a federal law. The government actually can and should do something to make it available to everyone and subsidize if necessary. There is no reason for people to suffer when the government can do something. This is unconscionable.
How would FMLA help OP's husband? FMLA is UNpaid leave. It's just job protection is all. It doesn't give him his income while he's out.

And FMLA has been around for a long time and has been unpaid leave for a long time so I have no clue what it has to do with Trump.
Locked Previous topicNext topic