Medical question

WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Why do I have to get a biopsy done if they're just going to remove the mass?

I forgot to ask the ENT today.
I shit glitter
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Most likely just so they're know what they're dealing with. I'm not a medical professional and don't have any experience though so maybe someone else can offer more information!
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So that they can tell if it is cancerous or not.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:31 pm So that they can tell if it is cancerous or not.
Oh I know that. But why if they're going to remove it regardless?
I shit glitter
Deleted User 670

Unread post

If they do a biopsy they can identify what it is so in case it is cancerous they'll know what type. Plus doctors just like to biopsy shit. Are you having thyroid issues -- nodules? If you are, please look at the link I posted.

http://www.naturalthyroidchoices.com/About.html
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WickedPissah wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:04 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:31 pm So that they can tell if it is cancerous or not.
Oh I know that. But why if they're going to remove it regardless?
If it is cancerous, they will take extra precautions when removing it, in some cases direct you to other treatments, and look for cancer in other parts of the body. If it is benign, they will just remove it and leave it at that.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:07 pm If they do a biopsy they can identify what it is so in case it is cancerous they'll know what type. Plus doctors just like to biopsy shit. Are you having thyroid issues -- nodules? If you are, please look at the link I posted.

I have a mass pressing on my esophagus.
I shit glitter
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

To accurately diagnose what the mass is and to get better idea of what your treatment options are. If it’s cancerous, you may need additional radiation and/chemo depending on stage and type.

Hopefully it is benign, and doesn’t cause any lasting problems. Good luck.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

WickedPissah wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:13 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:07 pm If they do a biopsy they can identify what it is so in case it is cancerous they'll know what type. Plus doctors just like to biopsy shit. Are you having thyroid issues -- nodules? If you are, please look at the link I posted.

I have a mass pressing on my esophagus.
Gotcha. I hope everything comes out good for you! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.
SummerDream
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

To see if the mass is cancerous. Cancer can spread, so they would want to know to be proactive. I do hope everything works out favorably for you.
Locked Previous topicNext topic