I can’t be the only one that thinks this is unsanitary and icky

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I’m seeing similar set ups lately. I just don’t get them.
Attachments
6C6E8C05-C734-4664-AA90-F914D6F71923.jpeg
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wouldn't care about the set up so much as being around 17 people right now probably isn't a good idea. And I'm in no way paranoid.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

No different than a buffet and these types of seafood boils or taco bars are the norm in many places and normally are for family gatherings. 🤷🏽‍♀️
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

None of that looks even remotely appetizing. Nachos, imo, aren't a great food to set out for a buffet. The moment things cool down... *gag*
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You mean lining the table with aluminum foil and using that to "serve" the food rather than putting them on dishes? I'm torn. I understand the idea behind it (allow more people at once to serve themselves, easy cleanup just roll everything up and toss it and no dishes to wash, more cost effective as a couple rolls of foil is cheaper than the foil pans etc.) but I still think it's kind of a trashy move to make and would opt to spend the few extra bucks to get the aluminum pans or a couple of full sized sheet pans. I would only do this sort of thing with immediate family and only at the behest of my kids.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’m in that group! And I did find it a little icky but what an easy cleanup! Lol. I mean I think most buffets are closed now so it is a little off putting because it’s a similar concept.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

famousglm714 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:56 am I’m in that group! And I did find it a little icky but what an easy cleanup! Lol. I mean I think most buffets are closed now so it is a little off putting because it’s a similar concept.
She did get a decent amount of flak for it.

I like the cleanup aspect as well but it’s still a bit nasty
Anonymous 1

Unread post

famousglm714 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:56 am I’m in that group! And I did find it a little icky but what an easy cleanup! Lol. I mean I think most buffets are closed now so it is a little off putting because it’s a similar concept.
She did get a decent amount of flak for it.

I like the cleanup aspect as well but it’s still a bit nasty
Deleted User 670

Unread post

No way. Those aluminum foil cookie sheets are cheap and disposable. Why in the f**k didn't they at least use those? Gross.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yeah, I've seen it before and it is not for me. I just get grossed out seeing people leaning over the table while eating, food potentially dropping from their mouth into the food that others will eat. I don't want someone else's bare hands anywhere near my food. It reminds me of animals at a trough.
Locked Previous topicNext topic