Joint finances?

MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

There is no one answer right for everyone, and often people start out with one system but change over time with life changes. The most important thing to me is the ability to have clear communication about money, shared goals for financial stability, and similar attitudes about saving and spending. If you don't have that it doesn't matter how things are handled, there will be problems.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Everything is joint, we are marriage that’s what marriage is. Except obviously his business accounts are his own.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We have and most likely always will keep our finances separate. It's what works for us, you gotta find what works for you.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I can’t imagine not having joint finances and personal finances. By personal I simply mean a cc in my name exclusively and a savings account for a rainy day.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

It’s a bad idea for me. My husband is terrible with money. I hate it really but I knew it going in. I won’t allow him on my or the kids’ accounts. I have him give me cash for bills and I take care of everything. Even before him I’ve always liked to keep my finances mine alone. It might be because I worked for attorneys for years and have seen some shit from people who “would never do something like that.”
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

We have a joint account.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Joint
msgme
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Its different for everyone i'm sure. Dh and I have always joined our finances. Its what works best for us
It's time we stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We have a joint account. It works for us.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We each had separate accounts and one joint.
Locked Previous topicNext topic