Goggles, face shields and masks now?

Anonymous 9

Unread post

We already wear something over our eyes whenever we go out. I'm surprised eye protection hasn't been recommended before now though with the number of people who complain about or refuse to wear a mask I suppose I shouldn't be.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I believe it was an answer to a question by an educator who asked Dr. Fauci if you can contract the virus via unprotected eyes. And the answer was yes, you can. The teacher asked if eye goggles would offer protection and was told yes, they would offer some protection.
To maximize your chances of avoiding a coronavirus infection, it's wise to cover your eyes, Dr. Anthony Fauci said on Wednesday.

"If you have goggles or an eye shield, you should use it," Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told ABC health correspondent Dr. Jennifer Ashton. "It's not universally recommended, but if you really want to be complete, you should probably use it if you can."

The Centers of Disease Control and Prevention already recommends eye protection for healthcare workers, but not for everyday use. That's because eyes aren't the main source of coronavirus transmission — the virus spreads primarily via respiratory droplets when someone talks, coughs, or sneezes. Others then get infected when these droplets enter their nose or mouth, though the virus can invade through any mucous membrane, including the eyes.
https://news.yahoo.com/anthony-fauci-sa ... 00558.html
Anonymous 5

Unread post

:lol:
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:35 pm We already wear something over our eyes whenever we go out. I'm surprised eye protection hasn't been recommended before now though with the number of people who complain about or refuse to wear a mask I suppose I shouldn't be.
What do you wear on your eyes when you are out?
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:53 pm
Anonymous 9 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:35 pm We already wear something over our eyes whenever we go out. I'm surprised eye protection hasn't been recommended before now though with the number of people who complain about or refuse to wear a mask I suppose I shouldn't be.
What do you wear on your eyes when you are out?
Just tinted or clear safety glasses.
Locked Previous topicNext topic