Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:37 pm
bluebunnybabe wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:35 pm
MistressMonster wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:14 pm

Then you should have received a stimulus check.
They did. Her husband got it.
He did? Wonder what he spent it on?
Possibly the laptops and medical bills?
If it had been me I'd be upset my ex couldn't pay my cs. But I also wouldn't have bought the kids laptops when the dad supposedly said look why don't we split the cost and let them carry them back and forth? Especially during a recession.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

moviestar wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:51 pm You said you didn’t qualify for a stimulus check. Married couples earning under $150k were eligible for the full check, and the phaseout didn’t end until an income of $200k.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:30 pm We don't make $200k I never said that.

We have no insurance now. I'm trying to get everyone on mine but it's been a challenge. We didn't expect to have a medical crisis just before a pandemic.

We didn't have a ton in savings, only about $8,000 but medical bills are expensive these days especially when it comes to cancer and cancer treatment.
moviestar wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:27 pm An income of at least $200k, yet you have either terrible or zero insurance, and one medical crisis wiped out your entire savings AND maxed out your entire credit capacity?

it’s starting to sound like y’all are not very good with money.
She’s already backpedaled on it. She didn’t know her husband got it.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Anonymous 13

Unread post

bluebunnybabe wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:12 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:49 pm He got the $600 and then $200 in regular unemployment. My income is only 1/4 of our total income so he was helping us get ahead so we can survive the next few months on my income. The reason we have no savings is because of medical bills we had to pay.
moviestar wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:43 pm So you two make over 200k a year but have zero savings and live paycheck to paycheck?? why didn’t he get the extra $600 in pandemic unemployment?
His regular unemployment was only $200 a week, yet you made too much for a stimulus check? That doesn’t add up at all. Was your stimulus check taken by child support?
their imcome combined may have put them over the limit
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:15 pm
bluebunnybabe wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:18 am

Exactly. Sounds like her husband has been having a good old time with his extra $600 a week plus the $2400, and couldn’t be bothered saving any of it to pay his child support.
Yeah none of that is true. This month is the first month he won't be able to pay. He is caught up before that. At this point he is only 4 days late.
Just a heads up since you didn’t know your household received a stimulus, it’s looking like there may be another one in August. You may want to snag it and make sure the child support gets paid.
Of course it would go to child support.
Anonymous 14

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:37 pm
MistressMonster wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:14 pm

Then you should have received a stimulus check.
They did. Her husband got it.
He did? Wonder what he spent it on?
Hookers and blow probably
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You people need to look at other states and remember that every state is different.
I'm in Arizona. UI Benefits in Arizona cap out at a max of $240/week. That's it. Doesn't matter what your income is once you reach that benefit. You only get $240/week. Now during the pandemic people have been getting a max of $840/week - $240 plus the extra $600. I know because my husband was on it for a couple months.

Try looking beyond your own experiences. This thing of not believing an anon just because it doesn't line up with *your* state and *your* experience... It gets really damn old. I really don't care about any of the other details in this post but to say you don't believe it based on the $200? Do some research next time.

https://www.savingtoinvest.com/maximum- ... -by-state/

In fact, your supposed $800 is awfully high and there are only two states in my link that allow for benefits that high.
Anonymous 12 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:31 pm Something is wonky about that. I am currently on PUA (Pandemic Unemployment). I made $98k as a consultant and qualify to collect PUA as a self employed person (something not int the norm) as my income was cut to $0 since all my clients had to close. Even without the $600 Federal, my PUA from the state was $800 based on my earnings from 2019. If he has an income level that high, seems like he should have been making higher than $200/week in regular UE. And there is even a weekly stipend for dependents so that would increase it as well. This is not very believable.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:49 pm He got the $600 and then $200 in regular unemployment. My income is only 1/4 of our total income so he was helping us get ahead so we can survive the next few months on my income. The reason we have no savings is because of medical bills we had to pay.
moviestar wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:43 pm So you two make over 200k a year but have zero savings and live paycheck to paycheck?? why didn’t he get the extra $600 in pandemic unemployment?
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 13 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:52 pm
His regular unemployment was only $200 a week, yet you made too much for a stimulus check? That doesn’t add up at all. Was your stimulus check taken by child support?
Actually, based on everything she said, it did not. She’s already said now that they did in fact receive it, she just didn’t know they received it.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Anonymous 1

Unread post

It was $257 and it went towards child support. I admitted I was confused about DH saying we weren't eligible for it. We weren't eligible for getting money for the kids.
bluebunnybabe wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:32 pm

Actually, based on everything she said, it did not. She’s already said now that they did in fact receive it, she just didn’t know they received it.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:46 pm It was $257 and it went towards child support. I admitted I was confused about DH saying we weren't eligible for it. We weren't eligible for getting money for the kids.

So we’re back to y’all making almost 200k, and living almost paycheck to paycheck. I’ve read that this whole covid situation has been a wake up call and made a lot of people start saving more. I hope he finds a job soon, and you can get back on your feet.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Anonymous 1

Unread post

bluebunnybabe wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:13 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:46 pm It was $257 and it went towards child support. I admitted I was confused about DH saying we weren't eligible for it. We weren't eligible for getting money for the kids.

So we’re back to y’all making almost 200k, and living almost paycheck to paycheck. I’ve read that this whole covid situation has been a wake up call and made a lot of people start saving more. I hope he finds a job soon, and you can get back on your feet.
Thank you. It really has been a huge wake up call for us. We never want to be in a position like this again.
Locked Previous topicNext topic