madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:11 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:50 am
Anonymous 8 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:45 am

I highly doubt the school would require you to buy laptops and not provide them 🙄 and BM should have helped with that expense (assuming she didn't since you said "we had to buy") so there is her child support. And there is still no reason you can't pay SOME of the support. He can get out there and cut grass or offer to shop for people who can't. Honestly those medical bills can wait.
The school did not provide laptops. BM had to get her own for her house. We did try to go half on with her and she said no.

I have all the bills to worry about if he has some left over he can pay whatever.

The medical bills could not wait.
You got an excuse for everything. Yes medical bills can definitely wait.
Most places have a sliding fee scale or are willing to set up payment plans.
i want candy!
Anonymous 7

Unread post

I’m curious how much child support does he pay with 50-50 custody?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

moviestar wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:51 am When you’re dealing with a split parenting situation with people who behave like OP describes sometimes it’s best to not try and share items, especially expensive ones like laptops. Each parent having what’s needed at their own house is sometimes the only way to go.
Pjmm wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:42 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:33 am

You don't get to pick and choose what comes out of child support. That isn't how it works. She didn't want them bringing them back and forth. The school didn't provide them. I wish they did I really do.
You're the one who said the courts are closed now anyway so what's going to happen? It's ridiculous that the children weren't allowed to bring the laptops or that she made the ex pay the entire cost when it wasn't necessary. If it was a desktop or gaming system sure have one at each house. But laptops necessary for school? She could have gone in half with her ex and helped BOTH of them. Is she a moron? She literally shot herself in the foot and if I were your ex I'd mention that when he does go to court.
I guess but if this is true I can't get over it. The bm just cut off her nose to spite her face. If I'd told my ex hey kids need a laptop he'd at least split the cost with me. He's given ds computers to use at my house before. Yeah he built them himself but they were usable.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

Something is wonky about that. I am currently on PUA (Pandemic Unemployment). I made $98k as a consultant and qualify to collect PUA as a self employed person (something not int the norm) as my income was cut to $0 since all my clients had to close. Even without the $600 Federal, my PUA from the state was $800 based on my earnings from 2019. If he has an income level that high, seems like he should have been making higher than $200/week in regular UE. And there is even a weekly stipend for dependents so that would increase it as well. This is not very believable.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:49 pm He got the $600 and then $200 in regular unemployment. My income is only 1/4 of our total income so he was helping us get ahead so we can survive the next few months on my income. The reason we have no savings is because of medical bills we had to pay.
moviestar wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:43 pm So you two make over 200k a year but have zero savings and live paycheck to paycheck?? why didn’t he get the extra $600 in pandemic unemployment?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:28 pm

He never got a grand a week for unemployment. We didn't get any stimulus money we never qualified he was still working then anyway. We don't have much in savings but that was unrelated to the pandemic.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:11 am
Anonymous 8 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:40 am Why not pay what you can without going broke? Something is better than nothing. There are also plenty of side jobs out there he could do to help make up for it. It's been months and he has not found when a part time crap job!? Why is he being so lazy?
He has applied for over 200 jobs. He's had a lot of interviews. A part time job won't pay for childcare alone.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

:lol: :lol: :lol:
bluebunnybabe wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:12 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:49 pm He got the $600 and then $200 in regular unemployment. My income is only 1/4 of our total income so he was helping us get ahead so we can survive the next few months on my income. The reason we have no savings is because of medical bills we had to pay.
moviestar wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:43 pm So you two make over 200k a year but have zero savings and live paycheck to paycheck?? why didn’t he get the extra $600 in pandemic unemployment?
His regular unemployment was only $200 a week, yet you made too much for a stimulus check? That doesn’t add up at all. Was your stimulus check taken by child support?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

bluebunnybabe wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:18 am
jas wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:13 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:10 am

I asked DH about it and I was confused. We did not receive a check for the kids. BM got that money. I thought when he said that we didn't get one it was for everyone not just the kids. Whatever money we did get was used for child support.
Keep dancing
Exactly. Sounds like her husband has been having a good old time with his extra $600 a week plus the $2400, and couldn’t be bothered saving any of it to pay his child support.
Yeah none of that is true. This month is the first month he won't be able to pay. He is caught up before that. At this point he is only 4 days late.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

He is only one payment behind. It was either not pay child support or not be able to support the kids when they are here.

Our credit cards are maxed out due to a medic crisis.
moviestar wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:45 am So he makes at least $150k a year and only gets $200 a week in unemployment? Y’all used all this excess to get ahead but he has to stiff BM or you’ll lose everything? $200k a year and y’all don’t have any credit? Sorry trollio your math just does not add up
Anonymous 1

Unread post

madfoodie wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:45 pm
Anonymous 8 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:11 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:50 am

The school did not provide laptops. BM had to get her own for her house. We did try to go half on with her and she said no.

I have all the bills to worry about if he has some left over he can pay whatever.

The medical bills could not wait.
You got an excuse for everything. Yes medical bills can definitely wait.
Most places have a sliding fee scale or are willing to set up payment plans.
If we didn't need the treatments when they happened we would have done thatm it wasn't covered by insurance and the bill has to be paid before the next treatment. At the time we never thought it would he an issue because we thought we could pay it off easily. And then DH lost his job and shit hit the fan. We also pay for his mom who is in a nursing home which is another medical expenses we can't just ignore or put off.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:49 pm I’m curious how much child support does he pay with 50-50 custody?
$1000 a month
Locked Previous topicNext topic