funny pranks

justagirl
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I'm also not Oli and thought it was in very poor taste.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:54 am
Emmasmom wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:40 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:24 am

"I apologize if you got offended" is not the same as "I'm sorry I understand why that's offensive"
Get over it. It was a joke. Holy shit. Something tells me this is Oli. Of course you won't admit it but only oli gets offended over everything. Move on. You were offended that doesnt mean you're right.
It was a tasteless joke. And no, this is olii, she isnt the only one who points out when someone says something distasteful, another user called her out as well if you read.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Emmasmom wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:58 am

Get over it. It was a joke. Holy shit. Something tells me this is Oli. Of course you won't admit it but only oli gets offended over everything. Move on. You were offended that doesnt mean you're right.
It was a tasteless joke. And no, this is olii, she isnt the only one who points out when someone says something distasteful, another user called her out as well if you read.
Poor thing. Thank you for admitting you're oli. And it isnt distasteful. Just because you think it is doesn't mean it is to everyone.
I am not Oli and was the first one to tell her it *is* in fact in the current climate to be distasteful. Considering Asians, specifically Chinese people have been targeted over and over due to Covid because our illustrious leader referring to the virus as the Wuhan virus or the Chinese virus..it is in poor taste. I've seen first hand what this has done in regards to targeting Asians as my daughter is Chinese.
The other things she listed- cool with me. I particularly like the dolls although it would freak me out.. the sign? Not okay.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

prank calls saying you are from the IRS and have spotted illegal activity connected to the motor club of America and the feds are on their way etc.
my sister does this to me all the time
Anonymous 2

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:51 pm

Poor thing. Thank you for admitting you're oli. And it isnt distasteful. Just because you think it is doesn't mean it is to everyone.
I am not Oli and was the first one to tell her it *is* in fact in the current climate to be distasteful. Considering Asians, specifically Chinese people have been targeted over and over due to Covid because our illustrious leader referring to the virus as the Wuhan virus or the Chinese virus..it is in poor taste. I've seen first hand what this has done in regards to targeting Asians as my daughter is Chinese.
The other things she listed- cool with me. I particularly like the dolls although it would freak me out.. the sign? Not okay.
I don't like Trump at all but he's correct that it came from Wuhan and that is not distasteful, it's not racism, it's a fact. It's actually quite a bit more in poor taste to unleash a pandemic, try to hide it, lie about it then try to blame America for it. No one needed him to say it came from Wuhan once China stopped lying. It's customary to name a disease after where it originates and always has been. As for Asians being targeted, I haven't seen one of those stories that was actually proven, like most of the hate crime stories for the last several years, they are typically hoaxes. The hoaxes need to start being prosecuted.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I pranked DH by signing him up for a free sample of adult diapers. When they arrived I told him they just knew he was old and that's why they sent him diapers lol. I donated them to charity after I came clean.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I think you're taking it more personally than others because you have a dog in this fight. Anyway, I agree with Anon2 that it is customary to name diseases after where they originated- ever heard of MERS?? It's not racist to say it originated in China. That is a fact.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:49 pm

I don't like Trump at all but he's correct that it came from Wuhan and that is not distasteful, it's not racism, it's a fact. It's actually quite a bit more in poor taste to unleash a pandemic, try to hide it, lie about it then try to blame America for it. No one needed him to say it came from Wuhan once China stopped lying. It's customary to name a disease after where it originates and always has been. As for Asians being targeted, I haven't seen one of those stories that was actually proven, like most of the hate crime stories for the last several years, they are typically hoaxes. The hoaxes need to start being prosecuted.
By not referring it to its actual name: Coronavius Disease-2019 or COVID19, he is making it racist. Full stop.
Asians have been beaten, told to go back where they came from, etc because racists think that they are responsible for this pandemic.. Scientists also believe this strand originated in Europe so calling it the Wuhan flu or Chinese virus is asinine at best and just continues to perpetuate hatred for Asians.
Claire
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:19 pm

I think you're taking it more personally than others because you have a dog in this fight. Anyway, I agree with Anon2 that it is customary to name diseases after where they originated- ever heard of MERS?? It's not racist to say it originated in China. That is a fact.
Scientists believe that the strand in the US originated in Europe...not China. This disease is called Coronavirus-Disease 2019 or COVID 19. It is not called the Wuhan Flu or Chinese virus.
Claire
Anonymous 3

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:27 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:19 pm

Scientists believe that the strand in the US originated in Europe...not China. This disease is called Coronavirus-Disease 2019 or COVID 19. It is not called the Wuhan Flu or Chinese virus.
Well, initially it appeared to have originated in China at the Wuhan Seafood Market. A lot of viruses have actually originated in China. Now, I don't give the orange bigot the benefit of the doubt, so when it comes out of *his* mouth, I believe it to be a racist jab at Chinese people. I don't agree with calling it the Chinese virus. I don't however, find any issue with people saying where it originated. That is no different than MERS or other viruses named for their origin (European origins aside because that wasn't evident in the beginning).
Anonymous 1

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:57 am

If you learn to read, you would notice someone actually said in their opinion it wasn't a good idea. She wasn't offended, and she didn't get her panties in a twist over it. That's what made me change it in a different comment. I realized it was offensive, but didn't at the time that I posted it the first time. Our family jokes about stuff like that all of the time. Whenever my son starts his fake sneezing and coughing in a store I always respond to the dirty looks with "Sorry, I guess this was a bad time for a family trip to China". You don't have to be a rude jerk. Better yet, if you don't like something, you don't have to read it.

It's called being an adult.
I am not the one being a rude jerk here. I just pointed out that it is a distasteful thing to joke about. You are the one who is being rude. I have never commented to you before, but to be honest from what I've observed you have a streak of never admitting when you are wrong. When someone calls you out on something, you act rude, give backhanded apologies, and get overly defensive instead of just learning from your mistakes. It's always someone else who has the problem.
Admitting your mistakes and learning from them is part of being an adult. I don't know who gave you the idea that adults can't voice when they see something they don't think is right. If your family "jokes like that all of the time", maybe you want to reevaluate what your family thinks is a joke and what you're teaching your kids is humorous. If you don't know better, that's okay, you didn't know better. But, when someone says hey, that's not cool, but you defend yourself, brush it off as no big deal, and continue making your jokes about China in the grocery store, you know longer can play the "I didn't know" excuse, that's when it turns to xenophobia.
Locked Previous topicNext topic