My ex lets my 7 year old sit in the front seat while he's driving

Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:12 am
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:42 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:08 pm

Yes
If he meets the height and weight requirements and he's wearing his seat belt, then you shouldn't worry so much. When I was kid we didn't wear seatbelts and there were no shoulder harnesses. And no airbags either. So cars have gotten safer.
There is no weight requirement just an age and height. He is very skinny and doesn't weigh much at all. I'm pretty sure the airbag would just crush him.
Does the airbag light go off?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:57 am
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:42 am

If he meets the height and weight requirements and he's wearing his seat belt, then you shouldn't worry so much. When I was kid we didn't wear seatbelts and there were no shoulder harnesses. And no airbags either. So cars have gotten safer.
There is no weight requirement just an age and height. He is very skinny and doesn't weigh much at all. I'm pretty sure the airbag would just crush him.
It's an old car so the airbag goes off with or without someone sitting there.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Does anyone in this story have covid?

Are you, your husband, and your son all the same race?
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Oh for gosh sake. Kids rode in the front seat for decades before this crap became a thing.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:34 am
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:57 am

It's an old car so the airbag goes off with or without someone sitting there.
If that's the case then I would be really concerned too. Would it help if he read up on the injuries caused by children sitting up in the front seat in older cars when the airbag was deployed?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:53 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:42 am In Florida, children under 12 years old are supposed to sit in the back seat.

https://www.flhsmv.gov/safety-center/ch ... estraints/
I don't live in Florida but I wish 12 was the age to sit up front here instead of 7
Unless it's changed since 2010 its recommended but not law far as I know. My kids are all nearly adults now so I don't worry about it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic