Doctors really shouldn't piss off nurses

Anonymous 1

Unread post

We have a new resident at work. He is totally rude to all the nurses. He even told one nurse to shut her mouth because he was a doctor and if he wanted the opinion of a glorified butt wiper that he would ask.

That is completely unacceptable. I don't think he realized how much respect people lost for him or that he has made his life harder.

It is hilarious to see the nurses call him and ask for all orders. They can write some of them on their own but they aren't required to. Now he is having to write all his own orders. Last night I heard he was called several times while on call for orders. He is pissed and wanting the nurses to "just do their job and stop bitching".

If his attitude doesn't change I don't think he will make it through the program. It is absolutely stupid to piss off the nurses. They make or break your day as a doctor.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Dude is going to be miserable. I thought everybody knew you do not piss off the nurses, whether you're a doctor or a patient. They're the cogs in the machinery. Ya don't want to piss them off -- ever.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Sounds more like a plot from a medical show such as Scrubs or Nurse Jackie.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:54 pm Sounds more like a plot from a medical show such as Scrubs or Nurse Jackie.
This stuff happens in real life and not just in TV. There always seems to be one resident that thinks they are so amazing that they can treat others like shit. They either change their attitude or they don't last long.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

He should’ve been fired the second he called them glorified butt wipers.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:55 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:54 pm Sounds more like a plot from a medical show such as Scrubs or Nurse Jackie.
This stuff happens in real life and not just in TV. There always seems to be one resident that thinks they are so amazing that they can treat others like shit. They either change their attitude or they don't last long.
I don't doubt that it happens in real life. I just have no real life experience with it so to me it sounds like the shows I watch.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What garbage medical center do you work for that that is allowed?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:03 pm He should’ve been fired the second he called them glorified butt wipers.
I agree but I'm pretty sure he just got reprimanded and maybe a write up.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:19 pm What garbage medical center do you work for that that is allowed?
I work in a great facility. It is the best hospital in my state and in the top 10 in the country. This kind of stuff happens all over.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The jerk will have a miserable time in any job with that attitude.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic