Anyone else still homeschooling?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I'm so fed up with it. Today my daughter had an assignment that mentioned dropping a tablet in water. She was confused as to why anyone would put an electronic device in water. I'm pretty sure I'm failing at homeschooling and possibly at parenting as well. 😂
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Oh! 🤗
I’m sure you’re doing fine! It must be hard to get the hang of it. I’m lucky that my kids are 14 and 16 so they pretty much handle this whole zoom learning on their own. I have a lot of respect for the parents who suddenly found themselves in this situation and having to homeschool out of the blue. Must be hard and you’re doing the best you can.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LOL, that is funny! No we are on summer break, I make them do very minimum school activities at home!

Hang in there, this too shall pass!
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My kids are out for summer vacation right now. They are old enough that they can do the online school on their own, though. I can’t imagine if this had happened when my kids were younger. Homeschooling 4 little ones would’ve been so tough! Kudos to all the moms out there who have been unexpectedly thrown into this challenge. As Momto2boys said, I’m sure you’re doing great! Don’t be hard on yourself. 🤗
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Thank you! Mine don't have any online classes or meetings, just assignments that we have to print and turn in. Honestly the hardest part is juggling time playing teacher to both of my kids. I really feel for families with even more children!
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:21 pm Oh! 🤗
I’m sure you’re doing fine! It must be hard to get the hang of it. I’m lucky that my kids are 14 and 16 so they pretty much handle this whole zoom learning on their own. I have a lot of respect for the parents who suddenly found themselves in this situation and having to homeschool out of the blue. Must be hard and you’re doing the best you can.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I've been homeschooling for 8 years. Its different than distance learning. The school district will be continuing with distance learning in the fall and a ton of parents are trying to leave for homeschool charters because of it. So the teachers association lobbied to get the funding for all students they had last year if the kid goes to that school or not. They won. Now they're trying to defund police and temporarily charter schools so they can have all of that money too. Sickening whats happening in this state. They've glat out said they have to stop charters because kids who have families who care will pull their kids and they don't want to be stuck with the leftovers. It sickens me. I know a lot of families who are highly involved and care about their children in public schools.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I had to walk away. LOL. I marched into my husband's office and told him I resign. 🤣
This is our last week but we've gotten a bit behind on a few things so we'll continue doing some school-like activities into the summer. It will be a lot more relaxed though. Basically I like to supplement their education throughout the school year and we usually break from that during summer but "school" has been taking all day since they've been home and I haven't been able to supplement properly!
LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:24 pm LOL, that is funny! No we are on summer break, I make them do very minimum school activities at home!

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Thank you! And yes, kudos to everyone out there who is having to do this! It almost feels like having toddlers again! I think when our children are in school we don't really realize how much they're still learning and growing every day. It's been eye-opening for sure.
lauren08 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:25 pm My kids are out for summer vacation right now. They are old enough that they can do the online school on their own, though. I can’t imagine if this had happened when my kids were younger. Homeschooling 4 little ones would’ve been so tough! Kudos to all the moms out there who have been unexpectedly thrown into this challenge. As Momto2boys said, I’m sure you’re doing great! Don’t be hard on yourself. 🤗
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I understand, my 1st grader is likely falling behind, but I just couldn't do it anymore. We do sight words, read one book, a few math exercises, 2 work-sheets and CALL IT a DAY!

I told DH, all these kids can tell their kids or therapists or partners, OR WHOMEVER, about the 2020 year where mom, just gave the heck up on our education and how it was their doomsday, but I can only do so much, LOL.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:35 pm I had to walk away. LOL. I marched into my husband's office and told him I resign. 🤣
This is our last week but we've gotten a bit behind on a few things so we'll continue doing some school-like activities into the summer. It will be a lot more relaxed though. Basically I like to supplement their education throughout the school year and we usually break from that during summer but "school" has been taking all day since they've been home and I haven't been able to supplement properly!
LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:24 pm LOL, that is funny! No we are on summer break, I make them do very minimum school activities at home!

Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I stopped online school when the program ended on the third week of June. Our oldest is on the Reach Ahead program where she does one credit in the summer. It is a voluntary thing for her; we don't force her to do it. The plan is, at least for now, for them to go back to the classroom after Labour Day.
Locked Previous topicNext topic