Kind of a spin-off: Top 50 fast food places - what’s your favorite?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:58 pm Honestly, with my husband's diet of the past nearly two years of only 2,000 mg of sodium a day (and our subsequent diet of pretty much the same with few exceptions), anything from a fast food place today tastes like a salt shaker exploded in our mouths.

We're just no longer used to the high levels of sodium due to our own cooking here at home, IOW.

We used to like specific places before he became so ill.....Sonic Drive-Thru, Firehouse Subs, and Mixteca (a Mexican food "sit down" restaurant here locally that also has a drive-thru)...but not anymore.
We probably are not as restrictive on salt in our home, but I definitely agree that all fast food tastes super salty to everyone in my family.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

WickedPissah wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:54 pm I like chipotle it's cheap and filling.

Popeye's

Other than that I don't eat fast food.
I love Chipotle. Burrito bowl - brown rice, black beans, fajita veggies, sofritas, Pico de Gallo, green salsa, corn salsa, guacamole, lettuce. Now I’m hungry!!!!
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My favorite places are local/regional fast food chains...Jack’s and Milo’s. We only get Milo’s when we go to Birmingham.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Taco Bell
McDonald's
Café Yumm (smokey bowl)
5 Guys
Red Robin
Local Mexican food cart
Vietnamese food cart
BJ's brew house (bacon jam wings)
Applebee's (pecan blondie)
Day Night doughnuts (local)
Burrito Boy (local)
Qdoba
Jersey Mike's
Cheba Hut.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:20 pm
AZLizardLady wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:58 pm Honestly, with my husband's diet of the past nearly two years of only 2,000 mg of sodium a day (and our subsequent diet of pretty much the same with few exceptions), anything from a fast food place today tastes like a salt shaker exploded in our mouths.

We're just no longer used to the high levels of sodium due to our own cooking here at home, IOW.

We used to like specific places before he became so ill.....Sonic Drive-Thru, Firehouse Subs, and Mixteca (a Mexican food "sit down" restaurant here locally that also has a drive-thru)...but not anymore.
We probably are not as restrictive on salt in our home, but I definitely agree that all fast food tastes super salty to everyone in my family.
We never noticed it before my husband became so sick (he's better now but still has heart issues, blood clots, and other health concerns), and we stopped eating out pretty much altogether.

Since then, on that rare occasion that we've had something out, it just hits us how salty it all tastes. This possibly also comes from no longer eating as much as we once did, too.
Sassyfrass01
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

If we are up in Portland around lunch time we will either hit up Jimmy Johns or Arbys.
otherwise we don't eat out at fast food.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

We will occasionally go to Chick Fil A, Arby's, FIrehouse Subs, and I'll order from Dominos. We have a place like Moe's near us that we love. It is a locally owned joint that is Gezzo's Grill. It is better than Moe's though. We also have a great local pizza joint called 15th Street. I'm not a pizza fan, but I like theirs. I cook 2-3x a day at least 6 days a week though.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Panera
Chic fil a
Starbucks (drinks only)
McDonald's but only their chicken tenders or steak egg cheese bagel. Neither of which they have right now.
i want candy!
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The girls like McDonald’s. Dh and I like Jersey Mike’s and Taco Bell.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

madfoodie wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:20 pm Panera
Chic fil a
Starbucks (drinks only)
McDonald's but only their chicken tenders or steak egg cheese bagel. Neither of which they have right now.
Ahh yes, the girls like their Starbucks drinks too.
Locked Previous topicNext topic