7 y/o birthday help

Anonymous 1

Unread post

We live in 728 sqft with our four kids and will not be able to move away from my oldest's father until next June.

That being said, my youngest daughter is turning 7 and wants to replicate this show:

There is no room for a barbie sized doll house, but she has a calico critters sized house that stores flat. We have a huge dresser in the living room with 8 drawers. She gets half of the drawers for her toys and my boys share the other half, and DH has taken over 1.5 of their drawers. And toys are nowhere else except outside, and we've had to get rid of so many things because our HOA said we couldn't put that toy outside.

So, understanding that, what could we do? She will not want the barbie dolls without the house? I found little 2.5"-3.5" dolls on etsy that will work with the Calico Critters house. But since it's not what was asked for, is it better to avoid substitutions? She is a really picky kid, and kind of bratty. (She's spent the entire last year uninviting all of us from this birthday party, and starting July 1st keeps saying she can do what she wants because it's her birthday month.)
Mamaof5
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I honestly don’t know what I would do in this scenario, but it wouldn’t be catering to her demands especially since it sounds like she’ll be unhappy no matter what you do.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

If she's picky and bratty it's because you don't tell her no and follow through. Tell her there's no room and it's not gonna happen. She'll live. If you don't get a handle on this 7 y/o brat now, she's gonna be an adult size brat at 12. Put a cork in it now and put your foot down. And tell her that if she wants to do what she wants then she'd better start looking for another set of parents who are pushovers because it ain't gonna happen otherwise. For Bob's sake woman, shut that shit down NOW.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:58 pm If she's picky and bratty it's because you don't tell her no and follow through. Tell her there's no room and it's not gonna happen. She'll live. If you don't get a handle on this 7 y/o brat now, she's gonna be an adult size brat at 12. Put a cork in it now and put your foot down. And tell her that if she wants to do what she wants then she'd better start looking for another set of parents who are pushovers because it ain't gonna happen otherwise. For Bob's sake woman, shut that shit down NOW.
I actually cannot remember what year it was when she was last told yes. She gets told no plenty, and it's always followed through on because there's no other choice. She doesn't have a bedroom and shares the combination living room/dining room area with the rest of our beds. She's been told there's no room plenty of times. DH then gets all depressed and says self-hating things because he feels like a failure.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Mamaof4 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:57 pm I honestly don’t know what I would do in this scenario, but it wouldn’t be catering to her demands especially since it sounds like she’ll be unhappy no matter what you do.
She will be. She's been the most miserable kid since playgrounds and libraries were closed.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:03 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:58 pm If she's picky and bratty it's because you don't tell her no and follow through. Tell her there's no room and it's not gonna happen. She'll live. If you don't get a handle on this 7 y/o brat now, she's gonna be an adult size brat at 12. Put a cork in it now and put your foot down. And tell her that if she wants to do what she wants then she'd better start looking for another set of parents who are pushovers because it ain't gonna happen otherwise. For Bob's sake woman, shut that shit down NOW.
I actually cannot remember what year it was when she was last told yes. She gets told no plenty, and it's always followed through on because there's no other choice. She doesn't have a bedroom and shares the combination living room/dining room area with the rest of our beds. She's been told there's no room plenty of times. DH then gets all depressed and says self-hating things because he feels like a failure.
And yet, she is still a brat.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Maybe money for her birthday? My kids aren't bratty like that so I'm not much help.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

She’s trapped with 5 other people in 728 sq ft - of course she is miserable! I would suggest an outing somewhere fun rather than a toy.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:06 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:03 pm
And yet, she is still a brat.
Yup. One of my others is special needs and was practically brought up like twins with her, because of delays. And they are complete opposites. It's crazy.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LOL, well I can see why she likes the house.
I had to google the calico one, it's adorable, but you know your child the best.
I also think it's very impressive that you've managed to make your space work for all of you.
Happy birthday to your child.
Locked Previous topicNext topic