I need someone to explain to me how all lives matter is racist.

Anonymous 2

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:10 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:52 pm
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:50 pm It's argumentative. Its a rebuttal or a retort to "black lives matter" It's dismissive of the issue of black folks being killed unjustly while their killers suffer too little consequence.

That said, its completely stupid to assume somebody who says "all lives matter" is racist or holds racist points of view.
the same shit happens to white people. it just doesn't hit the media
When was the last time a white guy was jogging down the street in his own neighborhood and chased by yahoos in trucks and shot in broad daylight? I'll wait. . . .
it happens, it just doesn't hit the media
ive shared a few links.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:58 pm Specific message and catchphrase are 2 different things. If the message is equality, then convey a message of equality. Don’t exclude because the people outside your specifications may feel like now you are demeaning them.
As much as I really don’t have anything against the “Black Lives Matter” slogan, I can understand how it has created more division instead of more unity. Come on, terms like “Karen” and “Ken” are OK to use to demean white oriole now? It seems like it’s OK now to use demeaning terms to talk about white people. And this is happening because each group is now excluding others. There’s no “all of us” anymore in America. It’s “us vs them”.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:50 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:54 pm It doesn’t need a slogan. If it’s a real and documented issue, then it needs addressing without creating more hatred and division, not by coming up with clever catchphrases.

I can't think of a single movement or protest without specific messaging. Can you?
I think the message has been pretty clear since Ferguson - protest against racial profiling, mass incarceration, and police brutality against the Black community and currently, the BLM movement has the support of the majority of Americans - white, black, hispanic, asian. I think it has unified a majority of Americans (albeit not the highly vocal minority) rather than exclude the majority. The movement is specific, not one of general equality, and most Americans realize that and support it. I find that those who feel excluded, the "what about us" crowd either don't understand the movement or don't support it. Thankfully they are the minority.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:14 pm

When was the last time a white guy was jogging down the street in his own neighborhood and chased by yahoos in trucks and shot in broad daylight? I'll wait. . . .
ive shared a few links.
But it doesn't happen because the jogger is white. Arbery was killed because he was black.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:21 pm

ive shared a few links.
But it doesn't happen because the jogger is white. Arbery was killed because he was black.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/bre ... story.html

it seems a lot of people have fogotten about this. this happened because he was white.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:54 pm
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:50 pm It's argumentative. Its a rebuttal or a retort to "black lives matter" It's dismissive of the issue of black folks being killed unjustly while their killers suffer too little consequence.

That said, its completely stupid to assume somebody who says "all lives matter" is racist or holds racist points of view.
Lol...not exactly.
yes exactly
https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article244083537.html
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Do you really think that there are no incidents of racial violence that are black-on-white? Just out of hatred and racism?
How about this?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/12/us/jers ... index.html

Seriously, you can’t just start vilifying and sanctifying. There’s wrong done on BOTH sides, there’s prejudice and hatred on BOTH sides. Blinding yourself to just one side doesn’t contribute in a positive way. If you truly want to make things better you have to see the virtues and faults on both sides.
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:10 pm When was the last time a white guy was jogging down the street in his own neighborhood and chased by yahoos in trucks and shot in broad daylight? I'll wait. . . .
ive shared a few links.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I agree with you that it is not clear cut and racism and hatred of the other exists on both sides.
However, the protests by BLM movement exist because those in power are white, because those who make the law and legislate are white, because those who enforce the law ( unequally and sometimes unlawfully) are white, those who sit on the bench in the highest courts are predominantly white. So the BLM movement rages against those who use their power to justify the murders of blacks by not bringing perpetrators (usually those who've been sworn to protect their communities) to justice, and they are white.

When you combine hatred and racism with power and use that vantage point against those who are powerless, the powerless will hate and be racists back. And when the powerless are done with just trying to survive and feel they have nothing to lose, they will protests and rage with all their might.

There are good people in power and bad. There are good people and bad in the black communities and the BLM movement. But abuse of power over another's survival, existence, and subsistence lies with whites, and usually against blacks and minorities, the disenfranchised, etc.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:37 pm Do you really think that there are no incidents of racial violence that are black-on-white? Just out of hatred and racism?
How about this?

Seriously, you can’t just start vilifying and sanctifying. There’s wrong done on BOTH sides, there’s prejudice and hatred on BOTH sides. Blinding yourself to just one side doesn’t contribute in a positive way. If you truly want to make things better you have to see the virtues and faults on both sides.

ive shared a few links.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Nope not what I said at all. I said three white dudes chasing down another white dude jogging and kill him because he was white.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:37 pm Do you really think that there are no incidents of racial violence that are black-on-white? Just out of hatred and racism?
How about this?

ive shared a few links.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:27 pm

ive shared a few links.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/bre ... story.html

it seems a lot of people have fogotten about this. this happened because he was white.
I said 3 white dudes, chasing another white dude jogging and then killing him because he's white.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:08 pm Nope not what I said at all. I said three white dudes chasing down another white dude jogging and kill him because he was white.
How about this?

4 black people tortured and killed a white because he was white. how is that any different.
Locked Previous topicNext topic