I need someone to explain to me how all lives matter is racist.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Mamaof4 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:13 pm You wouldn’t go to a breast cancer fundraiser and chastise them because all cancers matter, would you? Same concept. Black lives matter is saying that all lives matter, and that black lives matter too since apparently the justice system doesn’t understand that. All lives matter is 9/10 meant in a racist way. It’s used to undermine the danger that black lives are in.
I guess I just don't see it that way. I don't see it as undermining. I also have never used it to chastise anyone.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

stilltfez wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:20 pm you already know.
Actually I don't. I support all lives matter and I'm far from racist.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:30 pm
If people of color were treated equally from the get go, you wouldnt be asking this
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:33 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:30 pm
If people of color were treated equally from the get go, you wouldnt be asking this
That doesn't even make sense.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Do you mean if a particular person is voted into office? And if so, which candidate being elected do you fear would lead to an uprise or whatever it was that you were referring to?
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:03 pm But it’s not the only one. If police brutality is an issue and minorities are affected more, then blacks aren’t the only ones affected.
Fact is, the movement is now being abused to create more division and more racism. It’s scary because it seems America is deterioro y from within. Granted, history shows us that all empires have eventually imploded, from both internal and external reasons. But it’s worrisome right to see America destroying itself from within with these racial wars going on right now. I may be American, but I’m also seeing it from an outside perspective and I confess, I’m worried. Because extremes from both sides are pulling the strings and the voices from a healthy middle ground perspective are being silenced.
I don’t know what will happen after the elections, but I fear it will be very, very bad.
Mamaof4 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:55 pm A specific race is used because that’s the race that’s most commonly a victim of police brutality. (I know I worded that funky. Apologies). It makes logical sense. There’s nothing wrong with focusing on whichever group is struggling the most (in this case police brutality).
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:44 pm You really can’t see how specifying a race would be considered exclusionary and racist in the current social environment as opposed to having a fundraiser for a type of cancer?

Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

"All Lives Matter" vs. "Black Lives Matter" is not as much racist is it is insensitive.

Remember the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center?" At that moment, the U.S. was attacked and under attack. The "United States Mattered." As Canadians, we could have rightly said, "All Countries Matter." While this would have been technically correct, it would have been totally insensitive to the suffering that was going on in the U.S. at the time. BUT what we said was, "The United States Matters" and went to war with the U.S. on that basis.

This is the same thing with the "Black Lives Matter" campaign. Right now, BLACK lives are under attack, NOT white lives.

Does this make sense?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Insensitive towards who?
Linda_Runs wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:37 pm "All Lives Matter" vs. "Black Lives Matter" is not as much racist is it is insensitive.

Remember the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center?" At that moment, the U.S. was attacked and under attack. The "United States Mattered." As Canadians, we could have rightly said, "All Countries Matter." While this would have been technically correct, it would have been totally insensitive to the suffering that was going on in the U.S. at the time. BUT what we said was, "The United States Matters" and went to war with the U.S. on that basis.

This is the same thing with the "Black Lives Matter" campaign. Right now, BLACK lives are under attack, NOT white lives.

Does this make sense?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That’s the scary thing. I think either way, it will just further the discord.
If Trump loses, he’ll throw the tantrum of the century and his followers will follow suit. And they’ll all definitely continue to cash in on the “us vs them” attitude that got him the presidency to begin with. If he wins, the other side will be pissed as they are now, but then with the added prospect of 4 more years of that same crap.
Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:35 pm Do you mean if a particular person is voted into office? And if so, which candidate being elected do you fear would lead to an uprise or whatever it was that you were referring to?
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:03 pm But it’s not the only one. If police brutality is an issue and minorities are affected more, then blacks aren’t the only ones affected.
Fact is, the movement is now being abused to create more division and more racism. It’s scary because it seems America is deterioro y from within. Granted, history shows us that all empires have eventually imploded, from both internal and external reasons. But it’s worrisome right to see America destroying itself from within with these racial wars going on right now. I may be American, but I’m also seeing it from an outside perspective and I confess, I’m worried. Because extremes from both sides are pulling the strings and the voices from a healthy middle ground perspective are being silenced.
I don’t know what will happen after the elections, but I fear it will be very, very bad.
Mamaof4 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:55 pm A specific race is used because that’s the race that’s most commonly a victim of police brutality. (I know I worded that funky. Apologies). It makes logical sense. There’s nothing wrong with focusing on whichever group is struggling the most (in this case police brutality).

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:40 pm Insensitive towards who?
Linda_Runs wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:37 pm "All Lives Matter" vs. "Black Lives Matter" is not as much racist is it is insensitive.

Does this make sense?
How did you read, digest, ponder then reply to my long post in three minutes or less? I was expecting my post to be taken seriously.

Insensitive to the black population who is being killed by police as a practice.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:42 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:40 pm Insensitive towards who?

Does this make sense?
How did you read, digest, ponder then reply to my long post in three minutes or less? I was expecting my post to be taken seriously.

Insensitive to the black population who is being killed by police as a practice.
As a black woman I disagree that it is insensitive. Saying all lives matter includes those people.

Your post wasn't hard to read or ponder. It also wasn't long.
Locked Previous topicNext topic