I need someone to explain to me how all lives matter is racist.

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mrs.ChuckBass wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:29 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:52 pm
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:50 pm It's argumentative. Its a rebuttal or a retort to "black lives matter" It's dismissive of the issue of black folks being killed unjustly while their killers suffer too little consequence.

That said, its completely stupid to assume somebody who says "all lives matter" is racist or holds racist points of view.
the same shit happens to white people. it just doesn't hit the media
and when a white person is killed by cops there is no push back, no protests, no nothing.

but if the cops DONT kill a person during a risky arrest and that person is white, thats racist too, its like some people think they SHOULD have been killed during the arrest (Jagmeet Singh of the NDP party I am pointing this directly at you)

right now in Canada, I just ** throws hands in the air and shakes head** I don't even know what to think right now.

you can't even say anything that doesn't support the current narrative without being called a racist.

I'm seeing a lot locally, like in Saskatoon, where the police are dealing with a massive amount of drug addicts and increasing violent gang activity, and often they are called to attend to a matter and get there and the individual is in drug induced psychosis, and can be very hard to deal with, often hostile and noncompliant, and at times violent, and force is needed to deal with these individuals.

one of my best friends is a cop.
the shit he deals with when he is on shift....**shakes my head**......now a local harm reduction group in Saskatoon has decided they will be responding to wellness checks and mental health related calls INSTEAD of the SPS.
these people are volunteers, they have ZERO training in crisis intervention and de escalation and many of these volunteers live in the community affected ( although these types of calls come from all over the city from every ethnicity) hahaha.....

I've done foot patrol in pleasant hill, I've worked as a crisis counsellor and ....I don't even know what to say, apart from "good luck getting liability insurance"

F***ing have at it.

lets see how this goes then.
CHAZ didn't go so well and they were policing their little 7 blocks, and the "CHAZ security forces" who were patrolling CHAZ used violent force to keep that 7 blocks under control....
Idk how it is in Canada but in talking to black people (long before the riots) there's a perception here that police racially profile people and presume guilt before innocence. Someone a week or so ago posted a video describing the history behind why we have the problems we have now. It was very interesting. I tend to worry because it seems to me the police no longer know their neighborhoods. Who walks a beat anymore? What policeman talks to people for the sake of it? And if they see the things you're saying they may very well assume the worse of people in certain areas or circumstances. It's only human nature. Now it's foolish to send volunteers into violent areas. But not foolish to try to figure out what's going wrong between POC and the police so it can be fixed. And they're saying BLM because rightly or wrongly POC feel their lives don't matter.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:44 pm You really can’t see how specifying a race would be considered exclusionary and racist in the current social environment as opposed to having a fundraiser for a type of cancer?
Mamaof4 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:13 pm You wouldn’t go to a breast cancer fundraiser and chastise them because all cancers matter, would you? Same concept. Black lives matter is saying that all lives matter, and that black lives matter too since apparently the justice system doesn’t understand that. All lives matter is 9/10 meant in a racist way. It’s used to undermine the danger that black lives are in.
What in your opinion would be a more appropriate slogan to address the disproportionate arrest, imprisoning, and killing of Blacks (particularly Black men) by our police?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It doesn’t need a slogan. If it’s a real and documented issue, then it needs addressing without creating more hatred and division, not by coming up with clever catchphrases.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:50 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:44 pm You really can’t see how specifying a race would be considered exclusionary and racist in the current social environment as opposed to having a fundraiser for a type of cancer?
Mamaof4 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:13 pm You wouldn’t go to a breast cancer fundraiser and chastise them because all cancers matter, would you? Same concept. Black lives matter is saying that all lives matter, and that black lives matter too since apparently the justice system doesn’t understand that. All lives matter is 9/10 meant in a racist way. It’s used to undermine the danger that black lives are in.
What in your opinion would be a more appropriate slogan to address the disproportionate arrest, imprisoning, and killing of Blacks (particularly Black men) by our police?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Mamaof5
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

A specific race is used because that’s the race that’s most commonly a victim of police brutality. (I know I worded that funky. Apologies). It makes logical sense. There’s nothing wrong with focusing on whichever group is struggling the most (in this case police brutality).
Mamaof5
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Slogans are a way to get people’s attention. Most social problems use them to bring awareness to the issue.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:54 pm It doesn’t need a slogan. If it’s a real and documented issue, then it needs addressing without creating more hatred and division, not by coming up with clever catchphrases.

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

But it’s not the only one. If police brutality is an issue and minorities are affected more, then blacks aren’t the only ones affected.
Fact is, the movement is now being abused to create more division and more racism. It’s scary because it seems America is deterioro y from within. Granted, history shows us that all empires have eventually imploded, from both internal and external reasons. But it’s worrisome right to see America destroying itself from within with these racial wars going on right now. I may be American, but I’m also seeing it from an outside perspective and I confess, I’m worried. Because extremes from both sides are pulling the strings and the voices from a healthy middle ground perspective are being silenced.
I don’t know what will happen after the elections, but I fear it will be very, very bad.
Mamaof4 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:55 pm A specific race is used because that’s the race that’s most commonly a victim of police brutality. (I know I worded that funky. Apologies). It makes logical sense. There’s nothing wrong with focusing on whichever group is struggling the most (in this case police brutality).
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:50 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:52 pm

the same shit happens to white people. it just doesn't hit the media
and when a white person is killed by cops there is no push back, no protests, no nothing.

but if the cops DONT kill a person during a risky arrest and that person is white, thats racist too, its like some people think they SHOULD have been killed during the arrest (Jagmeet Singh of the NDP party I am pointing this directly at you)

right now in Canada, I just ** throws hands in the air and shakes head** I don't even know what to think right now.

you can't even say anything that doesn't support the current narrative without being called a racist.

I'm seeing a lot locally, like in Saskatoon, where the police are dealing with a massive amount of drug addicts and increasing violent gang activity, and often they are called to attend to a matter and get there and the individual is in drug induced psychosis, and can be very hard to deal with, often hostile and noncompliant, and at times violent, and force is needed to deal with these individuals.

the shit he deals with when he is on shift....**shakes my head**......now a local harm reduction group in Saskatoon has decided they will be responding to wellness checks and mental health related calls INSTEAD of the SPS.
these people are volunteers, they have ZERO training in crisis intervention and de escalation and many of these volunteers live in the community affected ( although these types of calls come from all over the city from every ethnicity) hahaha.....

I've done foot patrol in pleasant hill, I've worked as a crisis counsellor and ....I don't even know what to say, apart from "good luck getting liability insurance"

F***ing have at it.

CHAZ didn't go so well and they were policing their little 7 blocks, and the "CHAZ security forces" who were patrolling CHAZ used violent force to keep that 7 blocks under control....
Idk how it is in Canada but in talking to black people (long before the riots) there's a perception here that police racially profile people and presume guilt before innocence. Someone a week or so ago posted a video describing the history behind why we have the problems we have now. It was very interesting. I tend to worry because it seems to me the police no longer know their neighborhoods. Who walks a beat anymore? What policeman talks to people for the sake of it? And if they see the things you're saying they may very well assume the worse of people in certain areas or circumstances. It's only human nature. Now it's foolish to send volunteers into violent areas. But not foolish to try to figure out what's going wrong between POC and the police so it can be fixed. And they're saying BLM because rightly or wrongly POC feel their lives don't matter.
in Saskatoon it is indigenous communities who are protesting, but seriously though....I hate to say it but what group is predominantly committing violent crime in Saskatoon?
oh we can't say, that would be racist.
how can we even address this issue if we keep defending criminals and making it about the police and not taking the citizens who are criminals into account for their behaviour?
these people who are getting hurt or killed in arrests are criminals and put themselves in that position, no matter what ethnicity you are, and the fact of the matter is, certain areas of the city ARE very violent and have high violent crime rates.....we have kids under 16 getting charged with shooting people, murder, setting off cans of mace in the malls, groups attacking strangers for no reason, we have home invasions, people being held against their will, we have so much crap happening in that area, YES the cops put a heavier focus on that area!
of F***ing COURSE they do!!!
what are we supposed to do? just stop policing the area?
they are calling to defund the police and want funding sent to organizations like this harm reduction group I mentioned, which is a grassroots operation that mostly picks up dirty needles.
how about sending more funding to the mental health response team which is underfunded and understaffed? oh wait nope thats not gonna work because they are COPS.
f**k the police right? so that won't work......this is just getting ridiculous
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

But then don’t abuse them. Because that’s starting to happen right now. And if what you’re aiming at is equality, then don’t exclude other yourself. Maybe say something like “equal police treatment”. Now, I personally don’t have any issues with the slogan “Black Lives Matter”, I’m not that delicate, lol. But I can see how it being abused on one side and it’s creating discord on the other.
Did you hear about San Francisco’s proposed “Caren Act”? Oh sure, they took what I personally believe is also a racist term-“Karens”- and turned into, a clever anagram). But ultimately it’s reversed racism. So now white people will be scared of calling 911 if they see someone acting suspicious and he’s black because it may be considered a “racially motivated accusation”.
Mamaof4 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:58 pm Slogans are a way to get people’s attention. Most social problems use them to bring awareness to the issue.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:54 pm It doesn’t need a slogan. If it’s a real and documented issue, then it needs addressing without creating more hatred and division, not by coming up with clever catchphrases.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mrs.ChuckBass wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:04 pm
Pjmm wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:50 pm

F***ing have at it.

in Saskatoon it is indigenous communities who are protesting, but seriously though....I hate to say it but what group is predominantly committing violent crime in Saskatoon?
oh we can't say, that would be racist.
how can we even address this issue if we keep defending criminals and making it about the police and not taking the citizens who are criminals into account for their behaviour?
these people who are getting hurt or killed in arrests are criminals and put themselves in that position, no matter what ethnicity you are, and the fact of the matter is, certain areas of the city ARE very violent and have high violent crime rates.....we have kids under 16 getting charged with shooting people, murder, setting off cans of mace in the malls, groups attacking strangers for no reason, we have home invasions, people being held against their will, we have so much crap happening in that area, YES the cops put a heavier focus on that area!
of F***ing COURSE they do!!!
what are we supposed to do? just stop policing the area?
they are calling to defund the police and want funding sent to organizations like this harm reduction group I mentioned, which is a grassroots operation that mostly picks up dirty needles.
how about sending more funding to the mental health response team which is underfunded and understaffed? oh wait nope thats not gonna work because they are COPS.
f**k the police right? so that won't work......this is just getting ridiculous
I wouldn't know anything about Saksatoon. I do know American prison population has exploded and we should find out why since obviously we're sick. From what I understand defunding the police means putting money into social programs meant to stop crime in the first place. So if they'll fund a truly professional group to go into your violent areas to respond to mental health crisis and get those folks real help that's good. If it's some grassroots group no that shouldn't be done. And yes if it's a violent neighborhood the police got to do what they got to do. I think what needs to be asked is why is crime higher among those people in those neighborhoods? We should try to get at the root cause. So the police are necessary but so are as you say mental health programs and professionals. Canada needs to allocate money carefully.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:09 pm
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:50 pm It's argumentative. Its a rebuttal or a retort to "black lives matter" It's dismissive of the issue of black folks being killed unjustly while their killers suffer too little consequence.

That said, its completely stupid to assume somebody who says "all lives matter" is racist or holds racist points of view.
This*^^.

Black lives matter isn’t saying ONLY black lives matter, or ONLY poc lives matter. They are saying Black lives matter too. As in addition, not exclusionary. Too many use dismissive language as subterfuge. Maybe it’s part of the me mentality society we’ve created or maybe it’s too uncomfortable and people would rather live in their bubble.
And saying all lives matter doesn't mean that black lives don't matter. I don't see it as dismissive at all.

I've said all lives matter many time and I'm far from racist. I don't live in a bubble.
Locked Previous topicNext topic