Unread post

I don't remember
Tigress22304
Countess
Countess

Unread post

We were harshly disciplined-belts paddles etc
There was a few times I reported my parents to DYFS

My kids are not physically disciplined=we found other methods to be more effective.

{Kat}
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My parents were pretty lax regarding discipline, but both my brother and me were easy kids. Even as teenagers, we were easygoing. I donโ€™t remember being punished, TBH ๐Ÿ˜
With my kids we use taking away privileges for the most part. My boys are pretty well behaved, with occasional lacks in judgment, but luckily nothing serious.
โค๏ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ ืขืžืณ ื™ืฉืจืืœ ื—ื™ ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑโค๏ธ
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I haven't had to discipline DD (13) for anything since she was a toddler. Then it was redirecting and /or a timeout.

I was raised the same way.

Nothing physical.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My parents tried to avoid spanking, I think, due to how they were raised. I remember being in the corner or sent to my room more than being spanked but there were definitely times I got it.

I really don't like to spank and would rather send mine to their rooms or take away privileges. I do talk to them about why whatever they did was wrong and what they should have done instead which was not something my parents did but back then, that was not something that seemed to be done. I will say that while they have pushed my buttons sometimes, they are pretty damn good kids, well mannered, kind, and caring.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I grew up in an extremely violent home until age 15 when my mom & step father divorced. Discipline was vicious beatings along with excessive grounding/chores. After the divorce there was very little discipline because, as my mom said, we were all so shell shocked & terrified of our own shadows that no one was doing anything worth being disciplined for. We were learning to exist & live in peace. I literally had no curfew, but was never out later than 12:30-12:45. I had no chore list because it was ingrained in me to try & have everything taken care of before anyone came home from work. My mom actually removed some of my responsibilities instead of adding to them.

I was a very easy going, don't sweat the small stuff type of parent. I only had 1 child, so it was easy to have the time & patience to deal with any issues that popped up. When discipline was absolutely necessary I went with chores. Icky dirty gross chores. Scrubbing trash cans type chores. When he was too young for chores, I took his favorite things away & had a system for him to earn it back thru behavior & being helpful. Overall, we ran a very relaxed house with basic, general rules. Our 1 child is now an adult & isn't an entitled jerk or asshole.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

My parents weren't spanked/beat
We weren't spanked/beat, tiime out was used way back then
We use time out and have never spanked/beat. If you can't parent your children without using physical violence, you are a shitty parent....just MY 2 cents
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: โ†‘Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:09 am My parents weren't spanked/beat
We weren't spanked/beat, tiime out was used way back then
We use time out and have never spanked/beat. If you can't parent your children without using physical violence, you are a shitty parent....just MY 2 cents
There are many ways to be a shitty parent. Reasonable spanking is not in the same category as physical violence. There is a difference between a reasonable spanking and a beating. We know it; the kids know it. But that is my two cents. I won't call anyone a shitty parent who disagrees with me.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I wasn't. Not really. I was basically allowed to do whatever I wanted. My mom was the only parent who worked, so she was gone a lot. My dad was an alcoholic and pill popper on disability, so he was just there.. if I had any problems I just dealt with them myself, when I asked for help or advice they just sort of shrugged and walked away.
I have clear rules/boundaries with my kids. We have routines. We follow through with what we say we will do.. I'll admit most of this is due to my oldest having autism. We overhauled how we disciplined when he was diagnosed and it helped him SO much in so many aspects. He was a terror as a young child, but he is very well behaved at 12.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My parents would take my bike away and my dad would remove the tires. That was until I started putting the tires back on myself and would do the same for others in my neighbourhood (for a small fee). Their mothers we not impressed but their fathers thought it was hysterical. Other than that I was never really punished, but then again I was the quite one in the family that never really pushed the envelope.
Locked Previous topicNext topic