Can I ask not to have her on my service?

agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

As soon as she took that baby from you and sent them to the nursery, you should have walked right up to the front desk and reported her. That's not okay. She needs to not be a nurse. Clearly she can't handle it.

And yes, you can ask for a different nurse if you are having problems with that one. It's not her business if your child was planned or not. That's just rude, and unprofessional. She seems like she just likes to torture people.

Anonymous 7

Unread post

What hospital still uses a nursery and whisks babies away to them? Most are 'room in' now only.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:51 am What hospital still uses a nursery and whisks babies away to them? Most are 'room in' now only.
When I had Kidlet back in the stone age. There was a nursery available if we wanted it. Never used it.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:03 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:53 pm You’re not even pregnant yet and worrying about this? Plus do you really think you should be planning a baby during a pandemic?!
I am not putting my life on hold for something that probably won’t be an issue 10 months from now
We are going to be dealing with this for years. Please don’t breed we have enough stupid people in the world.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:11 am
Anonymous 7 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:51 am What hospital still uses a nursery and whisks babies away to them? Most are 'room in' now only.
When I had Kidlet back in the stone age. There was a nursery available if we wanted it. Never used it.
What does that matter? Hospitals are getting rid of Nurseries. You just wanted to feel special or something?
Yoloo
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:10 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:04 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:56 pm

In what hospital? Not in my state.
In many hospitals. I have traveled in 40 states as a nurse and have only had one hospital that did not allow them.

They are used all the time in health care. It shouldn't be used in place of prescribed medications if the patient wants those meds though.
I don't believe that for one minute. Essential oils are not approved medicines. Patients can probably bring them or the birthing assistants they hire can use them, but the hospital will not have them and hospital staff certainly would not have access to them in their stock.
Wow. You are so unintelligent it is truly sad.
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:10 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:04 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:56 pm

In what hospital? Not in my state.
In many hospitals. I have traveled in 40 states as a nurse and have only had one hospital that did not allow them.

They are used all the time in health care. It shouldn't be used in place of prescribed medications if the patient wants those meds though.
I don't believe that for one minute. Essential oils are not approved medicines. Patients can probably bring them or the birthing assistants they hire can use them, but the hospital will not have them and hospital staff certainly would not have access to them in their stock.
More and more hospitals are offering this alternative treatment to patients. Just because you don't believe it doesn't mean it's not facts. The hospital i delivered it offer them when I was in labor, by the doctor. He used oils to help me deliver.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Of course you can. I didn't like an OB with my last baby and asked to not be scheduled with her. It wasn't a big deal.

Have you thought about going to a different practice? I went to 2 different practices for my pregnancies. The second one was worlds better even with the one OB I didn't like.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My first was 11 years ago and they had a nursery. Second was 18 months ago, different hospital but still had a nursery. Never used them though.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:43 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:34 pm Yes you can tell them you don't want her as a nurse. Why didn't you file a complaint about her with the hospital? I would imagine a nurse who attempts to use essential oils on a patient would be fired immediately.
Nurses don't get fired for using essential oils. They are used a lot in nursing.
Where do you live? Here if you sell them you have to be careful not to give medical advice with them. And if the patient wants the essential oils it’s one thing but to ignore the patient’s request for medication that a doctor prescribed it’s not okay and would get someone in trouble.
Locked Previous topicNext topic