I am not going to waste money on a carseat

lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Chris030406 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 7:58 pm
Anon OP wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 7:52 pm
Chris030406 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 7:48 pm While visiting family, I had to take a cab somewhere. They required we had a car seat.

I don't see the harm in just having one around. It isn't like it'll hurt anything sitting in your closet.
We dont have room in a closet. Why waste space on something we wont use?
It feels like you want to argue just for the sake of arguing. I can't imagine being so bitter and resentful over something as minor as someone wanting to BUY my child a car seat. Is it hot there? Maybe you should go inside and chill out.
good.gif
good.gif (46.2 KiB) Viewed 131 times
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

How will they know if someone walked around the corner and got in a car?
LoveAll3
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Ugh! Just get the seat as a contigency. Your baby's safety is not a waste of money!
Anonop

Unread post

My baby will be perfectly safe. Why get something we wont ever use?
LoveAll3 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 8:40 pm Ugh! Just get the seat as a contigency. Your baby's safety is not a waste of money!
anonop

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 8:14 pm How will they know if someone walked around the corner and got in a car?
Well they know our address. They have programs to get carseats so I dont think anyone would resort to that if they were truly in need
Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

The hospital I work at won’t let moms leave without a car seat, even if it’s on public transit. If they don’t have one they will give Mom one. Mom must carry baby out in it. A lot like moms can’t walk out of the hospital they’re rolled out in a wheel chair.
So I would definitely double check, and maybe instead of an infant seat get a convertible seat which can be used from Newborn to toddler.
Anonop

Unread post

Maggie wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:06 pm The hospital I work at won’t let moms leave without a car seat, even if it’s on public transit. If they don’t have one they will give Mom one. Mom must carry baby out in it. A lot like moms can’t walk out of the hospital they’re rolled out in a wheel chair.
So I would definitely double check, and maybe instead of an infant seat get a convertible seat which can be used from Newborn to toddler.
Here they only check if you are leaving in a car. I had no problem with my first 3 kids.
LoveAll3
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonop wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:00 pm My baby will be perfectly safe. Why get something we wont ever use?
LoveAll3 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 8:40 pm Ugh! Just get the seat as a contigency. Your baby's safety is not a waste of money!
So you never ever ride in a car, taxi or Uber? What about when your on public transportation? You just plan to hold your baby the whole time?
Anonop

Unread post

I ride in taxis sometimes for work but not with my kids. You dont need carseats for any of the public transportation here. Although I mostly walk or take the bus
LoveAll3 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:49 pm
Anonop wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:00 pm My baby will be perfectly safe. Why get something we wont ever use?
So you never ever ride in a car, taxi or Uber? What about when your on public transportation? You just plan to hold your baby the whole time?
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The hospital will let you walk? Both hospitals I delivered at had some requirements before you could go, a car seat was one of them.
Locked Previous topicNext topic