I am not going to waste money on a carseat

Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonmom wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 6:57 pm And if someone gifts one at the baby shower I will exchange it.

I live in a town with a great public transportation system. I do not drive. I learnt how to when I was younger but decided it wasnt necessary to buy a car because it just didnt make sense. I have no where to park it and driving it would take more time than using public transportation

My MIL was asking about the carseat for when I have my baby. I said we dont have one and we arent wasting money on one. We have only ever needed carseats once for my older kids and that was for a funeral when we rented a car and drove cross country. We borrowed carseats from close friends.

Well she is not happy about the fact that we arent buying a carseat. She says the hospital wont even let us leave without one (which isnt true) and that in an emergency situation we need one. We have had emergency situations and never needed a carseat.

We told her IF there comes a time where we need a car seat we will get one but until then there is no point.

She said she would just buy one for our gift. I was straight forward with her and told her she is free to do that but I would just exchange it so either be okay with that or just save her money.

There is no reason for us to get one. We have no plans on going in a car and we dont even have anywhere to put a carseat.
They made my daughter bring hers in before they discharged her from the hospital. I never gave it a thought, (what do people do who dont drive.) I say its your business and you know best what your needs are.
Crumpy
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:14 am
Crumpy wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:03 am
yeah wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:44 pm

Yes. Also the I won't walk my kid to school post. And another she made that title escapes me right now.
How do you know? I thought this baby will be her third?
I'm not Carter's. I already had my baby. Some people are know it alls
Not surprised. Congrats!

Unread post

Okay. Survival of the fittest

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:16 pm Okay. Survival of the fittest
That doesn't even make sense.
luvthagirl
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Well, damn! Don't buy or allow anyone to buy you a carseat. END of Story, Shit!
Locked Previous topicNext topic