I am not going to waste money on a carseat

Anonmom

Unread post

And if someone gifts one at the baby shower I will exchange it.

I live in a town with a great public transportation system. I do not drive. I learnt how to when I was younger but decided it wasnt necessary to buy a car because it just didnt make sense. I have no where to park it and driving it would take more time than using public transportation

My MIL was asking about the carseat for when I have my baby. I said we dont have one and we arent wasting money on one. We have only ever needed carseats once for my older kids and that was for a funeral when we rented a car and drove cross country. We borrowed carseats from close friends.

Well she is not happy about the fact that we arent buying a carseat. She says the hospital wont even let us leave without one (which isnt true) and that in an emergency situation we need one. We have had emergency situations and never needed a carseat.

We told her IF there comes a time where we need a car seat we will get one but until then there is no point.

She said she would just buy one for our gift. I was straight forward with her and told her she is free to do that but I would just exchange it so either be okay with that or just save her money.

There is no reason for us to get one. We have no plans on going in a car and we dont even have anywhere to put a carseat.
CannotCount
It’s Misspelt
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

We weren’t allowed to leave the hospital without our babies in car seats. They checked them to make sure we adjusted the straps correctly and everything. How do you get home from the hospital with a newborn?
Anonmom

Unread post

CannotCount wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 7:11 pm We weren’t allowed to leave the hospital without our babies in car seats. They checked them to make sure we adjusted the straps correctly and everything. How do you get home from the hospital with a newborn?
We will be walking home.
Erna
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

CannotCount wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 7:11 pm We weren’t allowed to leave the hospital without our babies in car seats. They checked them to make sure we adjusted the straps correctly and everything. How do you get home from the hospital with a newborn?
Same here. With all of my kids. My oldest was born in 1988, and they wouldn't let me leave with her until they checked the car seat.
Anonmom

Unread post

They only check here if you are leaving in a car with your baby.
Erna wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 7:16 pm
Same here. With all of my kids. My oldest was born in 1988, and they wouldn't let me leave with her until they checked the car seat.
CannotCount
It’s Misspelt
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonmom wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 7:18 pm They only check here if you are leaving in a car with your baby.
Erna wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 7:16 pm
Where’s here?
islandchick
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

I guess if the hospital lets you leave without one and you will be walking and taking public transportation there is no law to say you need to have one.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Tell her to buy the carseat and keep it at her house. When my daughter was born in '97, the hospital wouldn't let us leave without a carseat.
AnonForTheNight

Unread post

As long as you will NEVER be transporting the child via an automobile and have a PLAN for how your child will get to a hospital in an emergency, I suppose there's no need for a car seat.
Anonymousanon

Unread post

Toronto
CannotCount wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 7:34 pm
Anonmom wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 7:18 pm They only check here if you are leaving in a car with your baby.
Erna wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 7:16 pm Same here. With all of my kids. My oldest was born in 1988, and they wouldn't let me leave with her until they checked the car seat.
Where’s here?
Locked Previous topicNext topic