How about...

Anonymous 1

Unread post

You might want to read it again because I never said black people only live in black neighborhoods.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:10 pm Err... In your OP? Or what that about “black neighborhoods” and your brilliant idea be the solution?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:36 am
agander2017 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:20 am How about.... you educate yourself before you start speaking this nonsense? What makes you think that black people only live in black neighborhoods? That's just stupid.
Where did I say blacks people only live in black neighborhoods.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:51 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:12 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:44 pm

So a segregated police force. Brilliant. Why didn't anyone else think of segregation? Oh WAIT!

:? :? :?
Why not? They want segregated colleges with only blacks. Why wouldn’t they want more blacks hired? They fear racism so they should feel more comfortable with more black officers. It’s no different than having to have a woman officer when searching a female.
Who wants segregated colleges?
Many blacks want a black only college with no whites.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I think it becomes a problem when a white officer has to use force on a black person. It is labeled racist. When a black officer has to use force on a black person you don’t hear much about it and it isn’t labeled racist and there are less problems.
cgd5112 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:55 pm So you are more concerned about the labeling of white cops being racist than the actual crime of brutality and killing?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:49 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:59 pm Black people don't all live in neighborhoods of only black people, black people are allowed to leave their neighborhood, and police brutality can still be caused by black officers.
Duh! Of course blacks don’t only live in black neighborhoods and can leave their neighborhoods. It could also be that when a black person is pulled over and the cop is white they wait for a black responding officer to handle the case.
Yes black officers can still cause police brutality but at least they can’t say it’s racist.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Sorry that it is your opinion that my suggestion is idiotic and ignorant. There is no racism in my comment. It is not meant to offend. Your last paragraph is the reason for the suggestion.
I agree on the strike. I’m actually waiting for that to happen. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was to happen soon.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:08 pm And it’s idiotic and ignorant comments like this that show racism is alive and well...

Personally, I would suggest the police force to go on strike nationwide for a week or so. Let’s see how all those idiots calling for abolishing the police do “policing” themselves. And maybe then, talks and actions towards a reformation and improving of the police force could take a positive spin.
And also, look for a healthy middle ground: there’s no excuse for police brutality, but also, don’t yell racism every time a white cop approaches a black person.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I thought it made sense but apparently it’s a stupid suggestion
Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:59 pm I have often said that the makeup of a police force should be consistent with the makeup of the community that it serves.

ETA: And I say the same of school boards.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:16 pm Instead of taking funds away from cops and disbanding them, hire more black cops and put them in black neighborhoods. Then it won’t be racist when the black cop deals with crimes from other blacks.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

"Defund the Police" and put that money into mental health and social services which address deviance before it becomes crime. It's no more a crazy idea than claiming we should brush our teeth instead of going to the dentist over and over to fill our cavities.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:23 pm

Why not? They want segregated colleges with only blacks. Why wouldn’t they want more blacks hired? They fear racism so they should feel more comfortable with more black officers. It’s no different than having to have a woman officer when searching a female.
I'm sure you mean blacks. I'm asking which ones. Who's they? Because people I know are for integration. I'm sure there is a minority of fools who forgot not long ago there was Brown vs the Board of education in.. Topeka right? And those fanatics who forget why their people wanted integration might want black colleges. But I bet they're few. Anyway my father wrote me an email and he's right.
It goes something like Racism pervades our very society. Until we do something about it we're going to have these problems. He was speaking against defunding the police as he understood it. But it can apply here. Hiring minorities can help. Promoting them and listening to their counsel would be even better. But my own neighborhood is very diverse. You can't send just one race of officer here-we're elderly, young, black, Hispanic, Caucasian, and middle eastern. It's not feasible. Our attitude needs to also change. Because one day at least in Florida we may be the minority.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

I do feel that those hired to police communities should be hired from within those communities. That has nothing to do with race though.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:23 pm

Some, not many. Please don't generalize. It perpetuates the problem
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It sure does. White officers are videotaped using clear excessive/deadly force on black men/women. The use if excess force on the AA community over white communities is very much a problem. The operative words here being excessive and deadly.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:29 pm I think it becomes a problem when a white officer has to use force on a black person. It is labeled racist. When a black officer has to use force on a black person you don’t hear much about it and it isn’t labeled racist and there are less problems.
cgd5112 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:55 pm So you are more concerned about the labeling of white cops being racist than the actual crime of brutality and killing?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:49 pm

Duh! Of course blacks don’t only live in black neighborhoods and can leave their neighborhoods. It could also be that when a black person is pulled over and the cop is white they wait for a black responding officer to handle the case.
Yes black officers can still cause police brutality but at least they can’t say it’s racist.
Locked Previous topicNext topic