How about...

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:59 pm Black people don't all live in neighborhoods of only black people, black people are allowed to leave their neighborhood, and police brutality can still be caused by black officers.
Duh! Of course blacks don’t only live in black neighborhoods and can leave their neighborhoods. It could also be that when a black person is pulled over and the cop is white they wait for a black responding officer to handle the case.
Yes black officers can still cause police brutality but at least they can’t say it’s racist.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:26 pm It has more to do with the sense of power being a cop gives people. Some people can handle it and some go way overboard.
The claim is that it is racial.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:06 pm You think black people don't live anywhere except black neighborhoods? You need to get out more.
What a stupid question. Of course blacks live in other neighborhoods but in a black neighborhood you are more likely to respond to a call that involves a black person and if the officer is white it will automatically be racist is things go bad.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:53 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:06 pm You think black people don't live anywhere except black neighborhoods? You need to get out more.
What a stupid question. Of course blacks live in other neighborhoods but in a black neighborhood you are more likely to respond to a call that involves a black person and if the officer is white it will automatically be racist is things go bad.
So a segregated police force. Brilliant. Why didn't anyone else think of segregation? Oh WAIT!

:? :? :?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:49 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:59 pm Black people don't all live in neighborhoods of only black people, black people are allowed to leave their neighborhood, and police brutality can still be caused by black officers.
Duh! Of course blacks don’t only live in black neighborhoods and can leave their neighborhoods. It could also be that when a black person is pulled over and the cop is white they wait for a black responding officer to handle the case.
Yes black officers can still cause police brutality but at least they can’t say it’s racist.
Black officers can still racially profile. Waiting for a black officer is a massive waste of everyone's time. They should instead enforce racial sensitivity training and methods to prevent police brutality to all officers.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Systemic racism in police departments crosses over to both white and black officers. I do think that having members of individual communities being part of the police force of their community would go a long way but it's just a small piece of the problem.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:16 pm Instead of taking funds away from cops and disbanding them, hire more black cops and put them in black neighborhoods. Then it won’t be racist when the black cop deals with crimes from other blacks.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Godstar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Okay. Everybody needs to work, I just prefer to leave color out of it. We can just treat everyone like family and care.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Wow! This isn’t the 1950’s any more! Even the former “white bread” neighborhoods are seeing a more diverse population . What needs to occur is education of the ignorant-beginning with those who think that black people aren’t upwardly mobile and live in “their neighborhoods”
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

:oops:
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:49 pm
Cause the last thing I'd want if caught speeding is to wait for an officer of my own race to show up. No. Give me the damned ticket and let me be on my way. And one can be prejudiced against those of your own race. Where do you think we got the term "white trash" from? I do think more minority officers would help but not in the way you describe.
Locked Previous topicNext topic