I can't believe he said that to me

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would have told him "I think you need to remember who the adult in this house is, I don't think your mom is going to like hearing how you're speaking to others." And I'd bring it up to my friend.
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:42 pm I would have told him "I think you need to remember who the adult in this house is, I don't think your mom is going to like hearing how you're speaking to others." And I'd bring it up to my friend.
I responded with it is your house but I'm the adult, you're the child and I'm in charge. Then I set him off to the corner.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Yeah. That would have been an automatic no.
Nopeville
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I would have probably started laughing and said, nice try kid. Then, sent him to a timeout until he could be respectful. You got to wonder where he's learned that crap. When my youngest was about that age, she was banned from watching the sitcoms on the Disney channel, because the kids on the shows were brats and she thought she could act like them. Umm, no.
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Nopeville wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:57 pm I would have probably started laughing and said, nice try kid. Then, sent him to a timeout until he could be respectful. You got to wonder where he's learned that crap. When my youngest was about that age, she was banned from watching the sitcoms on the Disney channel, because the kids on the shows were brats and she thought she could act like them. Umm, no.
I was shocked because thats not usually him.
Nopeville
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Emmasmom wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:59 pm
Nopeville wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:57 pm I would have probably started laughing and said, nice try kid. Then, sent him to a timeout until he could be respectful. You got to wonder where he's learned that crap. When my youngest was about that age, she was banned from watching the sitcoms on the Disney channel, because the kids on the shows were brats and she thought she could act like them. Umm, no.
You might want to ask the parents what he's watching on TV. Most kids are getting a lot more screen time than normal right now and it can totally affect their behavior.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Nopeville wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:01 pm
Emmasmom wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:59 pm
You might want to ask the parents what he's watching on TV. Most kids are getting a lot more screen time than normal right now and it can totally affect their behavior.
Certain video games would turn ods into a little pissant. I had to restrict his time. It could also be the quarantine. Ds17 been mouthy lately and I about had it.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Your life....I just can't
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would be saying, "Child, you should count your lucky stars that you are not my child right now."
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

So what was your response OP?
Locked Previous topicNext topic