I can't believe he said that to me

mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Emmasmom wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:40 pm
mcginnisc wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:34 pm Yeah..my smart mouth would have asked him who paid the mortgage for the house.. I would have called his parents and had him explain on speakerphone to his parents why today would be the very last time he was welcome in my home as no child will disrespect me in my home like that. I don't allow my children to tell me what to do and they certainly wouldn't think to say something like that to me.
I'm at their house today. And I laid into him pretty hard. I dont put up with anything.
Gotcha.. I still would have called his parents so he could explain himself so they would know I was not going to watch him anymore..at either house. I just won't put up with it. * he still doesn't pay the mortgage so that applies as well IMO. LOL *
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am sure you friend will be mortified. Who knows what goes through kid’s minds sometimes!!!
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:09 pm I am sure you friend will be mortified. Who knows what goes through kid’s minds sometimes!!!
They are going to be very upset. I just want to word it in a way that isn't me telling on him
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Sounds like you did the right thing. He got sent to the corner, you're going to talk to his parents later. He got mouthy, some kids do that and while it's best to nip it in the bud, the world didn't end. I can't believe all the replies of calling his parents. I'd be pretty pissed off to get a call about that if I was at work. Most parents I know would not be very happy with the sitter calling them so they could tell their kid who paid the mortgage instead of him going to the corner or to his room depending on age and what the boy did wrong. A lot of people overreact on this site though so I should not be surprised.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

He'd be watching himself the rest of the summer.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

hed be sent to his room the rest of the time I'm there. And id have a discussion with his parents.
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:36 pm Sounds like you did the right thing. He got sent to the corner, you're going to talk to his parents later. He got mouthy, some kids do that and while it's best to nip it in the bud, the world didn't end. I can't believe all the replies of calling his parents. I'd be pretty pissed off to get a call about that if I was at work. Most parents I know would not be very happy with the sitter calling them so they could tell their kid who paid the mortgage instead of him going to the corner or to his room depending on age and what the boy did wrong. A lot of people overreact on this site though so I should not be surprised.
Oh yeah. I wasn't going to call them at work. And I'm not going to refuse to watch him anymore. I'm just going to let them know he has had a tough day and tell them how I responded to it. I do feel bad having to tell them because I know he'll get in trouble. This is unlike him so that's why I was stunned.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Emmasmom wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:41 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:35 pm I've discovered when kids are at my house a lot they test their limits with me just like they would their parents. Are the parents ok with you disciplining him?
yeah they are and I did. He went right into the corner
An 8 year old is too old for timeout.
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:20 pm
Emmasmom wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:41 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:35 pm I've discovered when kids are at my house a lot they test their limits with me just like they would their parents. Are the parents ok with you disciplining him?
yeah they are and I did. He went right into the corner
An 8 year old is too old for timeout.
I did it anyway, even though you disagree. It worked for me.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I would have said “ yes, you’re right! This is your home!” Then I would have sat down and relaxed and say “ that makes me a guest, so what kind of drinks do you have to offer me?”
Locked Previous topicNext topic