I can't believe he said that to me

Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

this summer I am watching a very good friends kids. Their son is 8. I watch them every summer and usually the kids are good. This year, the kid is so mouthy. Everything i say he talks back.

At 9 he told me to make him pizza rolls. I said no, thats not how you talk to someone. He looked right at me and said "I think you need to remember who's house this is." I was stunned. I'm at their house today
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Wow, it’s a tough one. How old is the kid? If he’s close to adolescence, then he may be pushing his boundaries like many tweens and teens do. On the other hand, the recent crisis may be affecting him and he’s acting out. This situation has especially affected those who think they have control over their lives and when the reality that they really have very little control comes crashing down they become aggressive and try to seize control through other means.
Have you talked to your friends about his recent attitude?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Emmasmom wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:16 pm this summer I am watching a very good friends kids. Their son is 8. I watch them every summer and usually the kids are good. This year, the kid is so mouthy. Everything i say he talks back.

At 9 he told me to make him pizza rolls. I said no, thats not how you talk to someone. He looked right at me and said "I think you need to remember who's house this is." I was stunned.
At that point, I would have called the little shits parents and told them to come home immediately because I will NOT watch their disrespectful little shit another minute.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yeah..my smart mouth would have asked him who paid the mortgage for the house.. I would have called his parents and had him explain on speakerphone to his parents why today would be the very last time he was welcome in my home as no child will disrespect me in my home like that. I don't allow my children to tell me what to do and they certainly wouldn't think to say something like that to me.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I've discovered when kids are at my house a lot they test their limits with me just like they would their parents. Are the parents ok with you disciplining him?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would have told him let's get a few things straight. First of all you need me to make you the rolls so perhaps you'd better speak more kindly to me. Furthermore it seems to me that since your parents pay the rent/mortgage, your internet, and your electric bill it's actually THEIR house and not yours. So I answer to them and not to you. Now you may have an apple or "whatever other unappetizing thing the parents have" but you're not having these pizza rolls. And when they get home they will hear about this. Capiche? If the parents didn't like it oh well. Now I don't have to babysit anymore. If he was at my house I wouldn't have to say anything because my own kid would be like "dude you're digging your own grave and if you were smart you'd shut up now."
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:23 pm Wow, it’s a tough one. How old is the kid? If he’s close to adolescence, then he may be pushing his boundaries like many tweens and teens do. On the other hand, the recent crisis may be affecting him and he’s acting out. This situation has especially affected those who think they have control over their lives and when the reality that they really have very little control comes crashing down they become aggressive and try to seize control through other means.
Have you talked to your friends about his recent attitude?
Hes 8. I'll be talking to my friend tonight.
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:34 pm Yeah..my smart mouth would have asked him who paid the mortgage for the house.. I would have called his parents and had him explain on speakerphone to his parents why today would be the very last time he was welcome in my home as no child will disrespect me in my home like that. I don't allow my children to tell me what to do and they certainly wouldn't think to say something like that to me.
I'm at their house today. And I laid into him pretty hard. I dont put up with anything.
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:35 pm I've discovered when kids are at my house a lot they test their limits with me just like they would their parents. Are the parents ok with you disciplining him?
yeah they are and I did. He went right into the corner
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I'd have a discussion with his mother and come to an agreement as to how his acting out will be handled by you. If I were you, the discussion would include me telling the mother that if he does X, Y, or Z, I will not not watch him anymore.
Emmasmom wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:16 pm this summer I am watching a very good friends kids. Their son is 8. I watch them every summer and usually the kids are good. This year, the kid is so mouthy. Everything i say he talks back.

At 9 he told me to make him pizza rolls. I said no, thats not how you talk to someone. He looked right at me and said "I think you need to remember who's house this is." I was stunned. I'm at their house today
Locked Previous topicNext topic