DS destroyed my garden 😑

RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So I'm finally feeling normal again for the last week and I decided to become a "gardener" like everyone else. I bought a ton of flowers and planted them everywhere. I also put some in flower pots and beds. Well I went out to water them today and noticed he picked every last one of them and threw them on the ground. Please tell me they will grow back within a week or so, or do I need to buy more?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Did he pick just the flowers or the whole plant?

Are they annuals or perennials?

If he picked the whole plant, especially if they are annuals, they probably wont grow back.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:04 am Did he pick just the flowers or the whole plant?

If he picked the whole plant, especially if they are annuals, they probably wont grow back.
I think most are annual and he only picked the flowers off of most of them.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Sorry but probably not if they’re annuals. They issued bloom once and then are done.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:14 am Sorry but probably not if they’re annuals. They issued bloom once and then are done.
ugh. Didn't even have them a full 3 days
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Most flowering plants will continue to bloom throughout the season. Flowers from bulbs are done once picked - until next year.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Do you know what you planted? You can look them up to see, but most annuals bloom all summer - that is why people like them. If he picked a flower stalk then it will likely grow again.

Very typical for small children to be facinated by flowers and pick them. Maybe he can help you water them or teach him to cut off the flower heads after they are down blooming. Having a chore may be a better approach.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:09 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:04 am Did he pick just the flowers or the whole plant?

I think most are annual and he only picked the flowers off of most of them.

If he only picked the flowers they are probably fine. It may just be a little while to see new flowers.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, my oh my, wasn't he a busy bee!

I get very small annuals, and water and fertilize them all summer, and they grow larger and make more blooms. I'd get that boy a watering can and put him to work.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

My husband's dog rolled around on and dug up my vegetable garden. I cried at all the damage he did.

Flowers should grow back, but it will take some time. My flowers are away from my kids and dog.
Locked Previous topicNext topic